Saturday 30 January 2016

Revolutionary Products, Quality and Price | Budget Beauty Week

January can be a pretty tough month for budgeting, once all the fun of Christmas is over, many of us are simply counting the days until the next payday. That's why this week on Hope, Freedom, Love I'm bringing my readers Beauty Budget Week. A whole week dedicated to beauty products that perform well but don't break the bank. Meaning that you can treat yourself to something new and not feel the new year guilt!

I've been a bit sneaky and carried Budget Beauty Week into the weekend as I had one last post I wanted to write. It took me a while to try Makeup Revolution, as I just felt a bit overwhelmed by the choice and I didn't know where to start. However, overtime I've added a couple of items into my (huge) makeup collection.

Makeup Revolution was launched in March 2014 in London. Their aim was to provide performance and quality in every product, whilst offering them at revolutionary prices. The brand reminds me a bit of MUA, but I'd say the difference with Makeup Revolution is that the products offer no compromise. Their range of products start at £1 and they cover everything from lipstick to blusher and from makeup brushes to skincare. They are dedicated to offering shades that suit every skintone and they are completely cruelty free.



Keeping up with Makeup Revolutions product line is hard work, they have well over 300 products and it shows. They are working incredibly fast to bring out new and interesting products as quickly as they can. I often feel that not a week goes past without them releasing something new. 

The Makeup Revolution Highlighter in Peach Lights was the first thing to catch my eye from the range. I had been looking for a highlighter which was pretty yet subtle, as I wanted that 'glowing from within finish'. I spotted this highlighter and decided for £3 I'd take the risk and I was so impressed. The highlighter comes in a HUGE compact, which I spend many a moment swooning over. It's a baked formula and it literally has NO fallout, which is really impressive. I've been sweeping it onto my cheekbones and I also like to take some on an eyeshadow brush to wear under my brow bone.

Very recently I've added a couple of new products to my collection. The Salvation Palette (which only costs £6) has a whopping 18 shades; 12 are shimmer shades and six are matte. The shades are all beautifully pigmented and they have very little fallout! There's even a full length mirror which is perfect if you want to put this in a travel makeup bag. The One Blush Stick in the shade 'Dream' (which only costs £5) is a beautiful cream blusher that you just draw onto your cheeks. Dream is a light highlighter shade which adds some real definition to the tops of the cheek bones. It also really brightens your complexion in all the places you need the help. 

I'm honestly very impressed with everything I've tried from Makeup Revolution so far. It's not only a great brand for beginners, but it's also a great brand for beauty junkies. You're not compromising on quality, but you are gaining some great products for your collection. You can shop the Makeup Revolution range on their website, but also at Superdrug online (here) and in stores.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig