Monday 2 November 2015

Berry Hues For Your Cheeks | Autumn Edit

For the next installment of my Autumn Edit, I'm talking about blusher. Here are four options for achieving that famous berry hue on your cheeks this season.

Illasmaqua Powder Blush in 'Beg'
Beg is a matte blusher that I feel everyone needs in their collection. I really like this blusher, but it tends to be one that stays in my drawers until the leaves start to fall. It's just nice to wear something a bit different every now and then, as most of my blushers are shimmer shades. The Illamasqua blushers are really heavily pigmented, I tend to use this on a big fluffy blusher brush, as it really needs to be blended well into the skin. The wear time on these is really good, so you get the "fresh in from the cold" effect on your cheeks all day long. These retail for £18 a pop, which is quite expensive but they last forever, I've barely made a dent in mine.

MAC Powder Blush in 'Fleur Power'
I actually have two MAC blushers that I wanted to use in this edit, one is Well Dressed, but I ended up choosing Fleur Power. You can see from the picture that Fleur Power is a lot lighter than Beg, but I feel like it gives a very similar look on the cheeks. It gives you a very healthy glow to the cheeks, it is buildable, you can easily take it from a pinky shade to something that has more of a berry finish. However, it's another pigmented product, you really do not want to overload your brush with product.

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 'Gorgeous Berries' 
Moving over to the high street, I wanted to include something that has a bit of shimmer to it. After all, the dewy glowing skin trend has followed us through to Autumn from Summer. This compact is a baked formula and it's made up of lots of 'multi-tonal pigments’. The pigments are all marbled together, which looks so pretty! 'Gorgeous Berries' is a lovely deep berry shade, which is actually also great for sculpting. You can apply this with a light hand and have a really pretty subtle highlighter effect sheen of colour, or you can also build it up to create a real flush of colour. 

Bourjois Little Round Pot Cream Blush in 'Sweet Cherry' 
Using cream blusher at this time of year is really rare, but I really wanted to give this colour a mention. These little pots are a cream-to-powder formula and they are so pigmented. It's a really lovely texture, that blends effortlessly into your cheeks. Sweet Chery (shade 4) is a gorgeous berry, taupe shade which gives you that lovely Autumn shade with a very natural dewy finish. The best bit is that they only cost £7.99, so you can add this to your routine without breaking the bank.

What are your favourite Autumn blusher shades?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig