Sunday 1 November 2015

October Favourites

The start of November really signals the start of Christmas for me (don’t hate me). In my mind, once Bonfire Night is out of the way, I have free range to really start thinking about Christmas! November is actually going to be a crazy month, as I’m off to America in a few days with work. The jet lag always knocks me for six, but it means I get to do a little bit of shopping! Before I start getting lost in the Christmas madness, I have one last job to do – it’s time for my October Favourites. 




I’ve raved about this palette in a dedicated post, but this is definitely one of my favourite purchases from the last month. This palette only costs £15 and I honestly think the quality of the shadows is phenomenal. This palette was actually originally released last November and it was quickly dubbed to be the L’Oreal answer to the new Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. You can definitely see why, as it brings a whole host of rose, pink, purple and champagne hues to the high street. The eyeshadows are pigmented beautifully, there’s actually nothing I don’t like about them. You can pick up the L’Oreal La Palette Nude palette from Boots and Superdrug, retailing at £14.99. 

After writing my “Contouring Approved” blog post earlier this month I completely fell back in love with NARS Laguna. It’s actually been my contour product of choice basically for the whole of October. It’s not one for the faint hearted, but if you take NARS Laguna on a big fluffy blush, it gives you gorgeous cheekbones. It’s completely matte, which makes it perfect for this time of year! 

I’ve said this before and I’ll probably say it again; but my heart skips a beat when I look at this highlighter. Luckily it’s not just a pretty face and it’s as beautiful on the skin as it is on the pan. The texture of this highlighter is really beautiful, it's very buttery and it blends effortlessly. What I love is that the glitter inside the highlighter is very small and quite sparse, which means that you just get that lovely "glowing from within" sheen. You can pick up the Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator from Escentual here for £21.

I have two beautiful Essie nail polishes in my favourites this month, purely because I cannot pick between them. Essie Chinchilly is a stunning cult shade and it’s a lovely 'sleek granite grey'.  It’s very sleek and sophisticated on the nails! The other shade is 'Bahama Mama' which is a gorgeous rich purple/red shade, it’s the classic Autumn shade that everyone needs in their collection! 

What have been your favourite products in October? I’d love to hear all about them! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig