Saturday 29 August 2015

Dr. PawPaw

When it comes to lip balms, I'm not someone who is quick to try new things. I know what I like and I don't tend to give much airtime to other products. The Dr. PAWPAW Original Balm* is something I've seen scattered around blogs for a long time. It gets some pretty rave reviews on the bloggersphere, so I thought it was time to see what the fuss is all about.




The Dr. PAWPAW Original Balm is made from a whole host of natural ingredients. The list includes PawPaw itself (the fruit from the Carica Papaya plant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera for you and me) and Olive Fruit Oil. This all sounds great, however the other ingredient is 'Petrolatum Sorbate' which is a string of Petrolatum Jelly. It's one of my biggest pet peeves, because although Petrolatum is great at creating a barrier, it's not the best ingredient for healing skin. The Dr. PAWPAW Original Balm is fragrance free, so good for those with sensitive noses, plus it's 100% made in Britain

What's great about Dr. PAWPAW Original Balm is that it's a multi-purpose product. Dr. PAWPAW say you can use it as; moisturiser, nappy cream, lip finisher, for sun burn, skin irritation, cuticles and even hair finishing. So it's a good product to throw in your suitcase if you're travelling. It's only a small tube but you know you have something for whatever life chooses to throw at you.

I know some people love Vaseline and other Petrolatum products (my sister-in-law included), but it's just not a feeling or texture that I particularly like. However, the Dr. PAWPAW Original Balm does feel quite comfortable on the lips and I like that it's a multi-use product that doesn't break the bank. You can pick up Dr. PAWPAW products from ASOS and Look Fantastic (here).  
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig