Monday 11 May 2015

Simple Nail Art with WAH London #BirchboxLovesWAH

#BirchboxLovesWAH, beauty boxes, birchbox, nails, NOTD, wah london,




I was pretty chuffed to have the opportunity to try some fabulous products from WAH London. They've been on my radar since Christmas time, when they had lots of fab gift sets available in Boots. This months Birchbox has been made in collaboration with WAH London, encouraging us all to 'Free Your Mind'. 

Some Birchbloggers were challenged to get arty and create some cool nail designs. I was sent three amazing items to play with. First up was the Concrete Effect nail polish* in "Builders Make The Best Boyfs'. It's certainly a long name, but it's a really beautiful polish. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before! First of all, it applies like a dream, it's opaque in one coat and it dries really quickly. The concrete effect is every so subtle, it's got a very slight grain in the polish to mimic concrete. It has a great brush too, it's one of the thick brushes which has the rounded end. 

Birchbox paired it with a Nail Art Pen in Flat Orange* (shade 13). The Nail Art Pens from WAH London have two parts; a nip in the very top for detailed work and a Striper Brush for making lines and patterns. You can see that my designs are pretty basic (I'm certainly no nail art pro)! However, I have to say that the Nail Art Pen was very easy to use! In the past I've tried Nail Art Pens from other brands, and normally I find it pretty difficult. 

For my designs, I applied one coat of the concrete polish to the nail wheel and applied stripes and dots with the Nail Art Pen. I love the combination of the grey and the orange, it's really pretty.

I was also sent the WAH London Clean Up Brush* which I've seen on other blogs and have been dying to use. It's exactly what it says on the tin, if you've applied the polish to your nails and made a bit of a mess; you use this to clean it up. I've used this on my own nails and it's really effective. I just applied some nail polish remover to the brush and it was successful at cleaning up my nail beds and my skin around the top of my nails. It's a bit of a gimmick but it was much easier than using a cotton bud and it's only £4! 

All in all, that's three fabulous products from WAH London, none of which disappointed! I definitely now have the urge to try out some other shades! If you received this months Birchbox, why not give some nail designs a go and share them using the #BirchboxLovesWAH hashtag. 

Hope, Freedom, Love


#BirchboxLovesWAH, beauty boxes, birchbox, nails, NOTD, wah london,


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig