Thursday 17 July 2014

TARTE Airblush Maracuja Blush





When I picked up the Tarte Airblush Maracuja Blush from Sephora, I never thought I’d love it quite as much as I do!

The Tarte Airblush Maracuja Blush is a cream blusher with a totally unique formula, which makes it unlike anything else. It’s a highly pigmented blusher which is just packed with beautiful colour, It aims to give you an airbrushed look.

My blusher is in the shade ‘shimmering pink’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking my blusher looks a bit battered, but in fact this is how it comes out of the box. It has a formula that looks like it’s separated but in fact it hasn’t, which is a bit worrying when you don’t know this before hand! The formula is just exquisite, I cannot really find the words to describe it. It’s really light and very soft, you just have to dab in your brush and then you smooth it onto your cheeks. It gives a lovely colour which blends beautifully! Tarte actually say the ‘formula melts into the skin’ and I happy to agree. Even though the pigmentation of this is really strong, the overall look is very soft and very natural! It’s buildable too, so if you want a more dramatic blusher look you can build it up for more of a pop!

I actually use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply this, it’s the only time I’ve ever used the brush for anything other than foundation. Because it’s so densly packed, it’s perfect for picking up the colour of the uber soft blusher and blending it out, without damaging the compact! The only problem I do have with this blusher is that the pigmentation doesn’t seem to last very long, if you have an important day planned, you’d probably need to reapply it after a few hours! I need to try it out with a primer to see if the staying power is a bit better!

I’m completely addicted to this blusher, I cannot get enough and desperately want the other colours available! I actually cannot believe I haven’t heard about anyone else raving about this blusher, it’s definitely a hidden gem!



Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig