Tuesday 29 April 2014

Prezzo Date Night




Chris and I had a little date night last week and headed to Prezzo in our local town for a spot of dinner. We went to the Harpenden branch which is situated just off the main high street road, so its super easy to get to! You do need to get lucky with the parking though. 

For starter we had the Antipasto, Antipasto is one of our favourite starters, we're a big fan of ham and cheese! It's a bit rubbish though as we're not olive fans and they always have a stack of olives! I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of the starter but it was really nice. A bit too much bread for me, but I suppose it was just something to bulk the starter out!

Now for the mains, Chris had Spaghetti and Meatballs which was really nice (I sampled some) the meatballs were packed with flavour! Boring old me had my standard pasta dish, Carbonara! Carbonara is literally my favourite thing and I cannot resist it when I go to an Italian restaurant. I opted for the version with chicken which was incredible,  it was really moist and scrummy! The cabonara itself was also good, there wasn't as much sauce as normal but it made quite light on the palette. Both pasta dishes huge portions and really generous with meat too. 

To share with the mains we had the bread board which was way too much bread than we needed but it was again really good. It had a selection of freshly baked breads to dip into our sauces!  We were well and truly in carb heaven after which left no room for dessert! 

We had a really nice meal and it was really good to spend some time together!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig