Thursday 13 March 2014

Birchbox Collaboration with Lulu Guinness




When Birchbox announced a collaboration with Lulu Guinness it was actually enough for me not to cancel my subscription. I was really excited to see what they would come up with. If I’m honest I was expecting a little more than a stripy sleeve on the box, I think they missed the chance to do something really cool. On the face of it, the early reviews left me pretty disheartened, the reviews certainly were not screaming success, but my box is here and I’m here to share the contents.



First up English Laundry No. 7 a perfume sample, very controversial for a beauty box. If I’m honest I’m not too bothered with perfume samples in boxes, I like that it brings a new scent to your attention and you get to try it out. The scent is described as “Opening notes of bergamot, lemon, and lime give way to heart notes of jasmine and peppercorn and base notes of cedarwood, sandalwood, and amber.” The top notes sound really nice but I’m not the biggest fan of woody undertones, I’ll give it a go though! Find out more here.

Marketed as the “star product” is the Benefit Stay Don't Stray, not a shabby product by any stretch of the imagination. As you can see it’s a tiny little sample, but if it’s the same as normal eye primers, I’m hoping a little goes a long way! It’s safe to say this will be the first product I give a try! Find out more here.

I was super excited by the Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Replenishing Hand Cream. I’ve been toying with the idea of buying a hand cream from Molton Brown, I tried them recently when I was walking through John Lewis, it dried instantly and they smell amazing. Rhubarb & Rose is a brand new scent from the brand and I’m excited to give it a sniff! Find out more here.

I’m a big fan of body oils, I just never get the time to use them! The Aroma Works Body Oil is a welcome edition to the box and I’ll look forward to trying it out. Find out more here.

The last product inside this box is the Dr Brandt Pores No More® Pore Refiner. Pores are something I definitely need help with! The Pores No More claims to hide and refines pores, mattify the skin, absorb oil and even the skins appearance. I love products like this because a little seems to go a long way and they are super easy to test out! Find out more here.


So actually after feeling a little disheartened by the previews of the box I’m actually a pretty big fan of my box! I definitely feel like Birchbox missed a trick with the collaboration with Lulu Guinness, but some people might be more pleased!


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig