Tuesday 11 February 2014

Birthday Trip | London




























Although it seems like my Birthday was a complete life time ago, I really wanted to share these photographs from my day out in London with Chris.

It was really nice to do something special on my Birthday, we’re finally done with being a student so we didn’t have exams, coursework or deadlines hanging over us and we just booked the day off work and went out! Chris planned the day out as a surprise, which was lovely, he can still be romantic after all haha! We started the day at The Tower of London, we’d never been to the Tower before so it was great to go there! For some reason I thought the Tower was just part of the bridge, but it’s actually a big castle/cathedral type thing with separate towers and dungeons and everything. It was great to walk around and see the Crown Jewels (you’re not allowed to take pictures of these) and just have a bit of culture! After that we headed to Covent Garden, we grabbed a snack from Paul, the famous bakery and some macaroons to take home and enjoy later. We walked through Covent Garden to Leicester Square had a walk around the M&M store and grabbed some lunch in The Slug and Lettuce! After that we took the tube over to Buckingham Palace for a few cheesy pictures and then got the tube over to Selfridges. Naturally I was pretty excited to go to Selfridges and pick up some beauty related purchases, but if I’m honest I found it all quite over whelming! I wasn’t really sure what to look at and I’m not very good at impulse buying on really expensive items. However, I did pick up some bits in the Beauty Workshop, I’ll be sharing a mini haul with you guys soon!


As quick as lightning the day was over and it was time to go home, which was probably a good thing because I was exhausted! It was such a lovely day, special thanks goes out to Chris for organising it for me!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig