Wednesday 22 January 2014

Birchbox January 2014


January's Birchbox follows a New Year theme in the notion of 'Tiny Tweaks'. 

It's all about breaking New Years Resolutions into little tiny manageable tweaks. This month Birchbox have ditched the little bags that come in the boxes and have swapped it for pink tissue paper. I'm sure this makes the box a lot cheaper for them to make, but I do like the little bags, they are super handy for travelling! Maybe the idea of 'tiny tweaks' made it's way inside the box because this month there are no huge sized products. First up in the box is the Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer, the full size of this is worth £28 and it's a pre-shampoo hair mask which I love the sound of. It's meant to strengthen, nourish and prevent breakages, my hair has become quite dry since I permed it, so it definitely needs some TLC! Next in the box is the Benefit Porefessional, we all know what this is, it needs no introduction and I'm looking forward to trying this! The Lavera Basis Sensitive Hand Cream is next, it combines shea butter and almond oil to give your skin the nourishment they need to beat the winter winds. The Vasanti Detox Facial Cleanser is something I'd never heard of, I've never even heard of the brand. It's supposed to remove every last trace of makeup and get rid of toxins. Last in the box is the Premae Body Oil which you use after bathing or showering to rehydrate your skin. I'm not a fan of using oils that you don't wash off as it makes my skin feel really icky, but I'll venture to try this out. I also got a little sachet of Miso soup which doesn't appeal to me in the least! 

I mean this isn't the worst box in the world, it just doesn't wow me this month, there's lots I'll try but it doesn't excite me and blow me away! Did you get the Birchbox this month? What did you think of it?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig