Tuesday 7 February 2012

Superdrug Aloe Vera Mud Mask




I’ve been wanting to use this Mud Therapy stuff by Superdrug for so long and so I went out my way last Wednesday to buy it and give it a go! I couldn’t find the one that comes in the purple tube anywhere, but I found this one with aloe vera, which I love, so I thought it would give it a go. 


First of all it’s super cheap, if I remember rightly, this tube was about £2.59 so great value for money! You don’t need loads so I think it could last a good 5 times! Also I know that it’s on offer quite a lot! Here are the claims the product made; 

“Superdrug Aloe Vera Mud Mask: It cleanses the face of accumulated impurities, removes dry skin, and stimulates blood circulation.” 

I was shocked, for some strange reason, to see it was green, probably should’ve been obviously seeing its aloe vera! The mask itself is really nice and thick and comes in a squeezy bottle which makes application really easy. I hate when face masks are really runny and just go everywhere! It sounds weird but I LOVE smoothing it on my face, it’s so cold and it feels really nice if you’re after a pampering! I’m sure I’m not the only one(!) 

You smooth the mask onto your face avoiding the usual eye, nose and mouth areas and leave for around 10-15 minutes. Immediately I felt the tingling, I love when a product tingles your skin, you can actually feel it doing its job, but this product did tingle my face very close to feeling uncomfortable to wear. I have to admit, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to tingle quite that much, but it was quite strong it worried me a little! I suppose it’s only because I’ve never used the product before and I was scared of having a bad reaction, but I was fine. So don’t panic! 

After around 12 minutes I could feel that my mask had completely set on my face, I haven’t used a hard-setting mask for a long time so it was weird! If you don’t like when a face mask goes really tight and sets hard then I’d advice against this project, but again I love to feel the product working! The tingling had stopped, so I figured it was time to take it off. 

The bottle just suggests rinsing off with water being careful of your eyes, my water obviously wasn’t warm enough though as it took a lot to get it to budge!  When I eventually got the mask off my skin felt super soft and really really smooth! I'm not quite sure how I’m supposed to tell if my blood is circulating more efficiently though!
Great find, great price! Bargain!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig