Monday 12 June 2017

NARS Jubilation | The Perfect Travel Highlighter

There’s something about NARS that feels so special. I feel like the tick all the boxes on my ‘holy trinity’ of makeup wishes. First of all, they have the pretty packaging which has grown and adapted over time. Secondly, they hit the various makeup trends whilst their fresh in our minds. Finally, they are the perfect middle ground in the pricing category, providing good quality products at a price point that doesn’t stop me from paying my mortgage. Some of their products are firm favourites in my routine (I apply Laguna to my cheekbones every single day) and some are reserved for special occasions, but they are all equally loved in my collection. 




I had my eye on Jubilation for quite sometime before buying it, a demon inside was telling me that I didn’t need another highlighter. I was doing a great job of holding down the spending, until I saw it in the flesh in Liberty. I fell instantly in love and I needed it in my collection – low and behold it was out of stock and it fuelled by obsessed more! I hopped over to John Lewis where they had it in all it’s glory and it was finally mine! 

NARS Jubilation is a highlighter duo, which is neatly packed in one handy compact. It arrives in the classic matte black NARS packaging, finished with a white NARS logo. The compact itself is a square, when you lift the lid there’s a handy mirror inside and the compact closes with a magnet.  NARS Jubilation features too highlighters, which are both part of the dual-intensity line. This means that they are embossed with the dual-intensity patten and that they offer a silky formulation, which you can use both wet and dry. They are a lightweight texture, which is pigmented in a way that lets you build the finish from something subtle to something high impact. On one side of the compact you have a sparkling yellow gold highlighter, which is great if you’re creating a golden, bronzed look. On the other side there’s a shimmering soft nude peach, which is it’s pink-toned sister, this one is a bit more subtle and suits a whole array of makeup. 




For me this highlighter ticks all the boxes, as I switch a lot between more golden highlighters and highlighters that have a more pinky finish. I’ve found that this is a perfect makeup bag companion, especially when I travel, as it offers two different shades in a very compact product. The NARS Jubilation duo is priced at £30, which I actually think is very reasonable, as you get two decent sized blushers, in a very impressive formulation. You can pick it up in all the usual places you find NARS (the NARS website, John Lewis, SpaceNK).
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig