Wednesday 26 April 2017

Seven Stunning Spring Scents

I love spritzing a fragrance and being reminded of a happy moment in time. Let's be honest, we've all been there and it's the best feeling. I’ve been in a bit of a fragrance rut recently, so I felt inspired to switch up my fragrance collection and try something new. This is something I do every season, but this time I thought I’d document for you guys! Let’s get stuck in and take a look at the pretty scents that are new to my fragrance line up.



AVON Viva La Vita* (£15 for 50ml) 
Let’s start with one of the cheapest scents in this line up, AVON’s Viva La Vita. I love that this arrives in a beautiful understated bottle, which is just finished with some simple lettering. There are two things that finish this bottle for me: the first is the pretty purple hue of the perfume. The second is the pretty moon shape on the lid, which is such a beautiful touch, it’s so elegant! The scent itself is fresh and crisp, it opens with top notes of Pink Apple, Mandarin and Pink Grapefruit. The middle is floral with a blend of Rose Petals, Mimosa Essence and Magnolia. The base is sweet and woody, using notes of Vanilla Bean, Sandalwood and Cashmere wood. 



Ariana Grande Sweet Like Candy Red Edition* (£31 for 50ml)
I’m not somebody who hunts down celebrity fragrances but I was really excited to see what this scent from Ariana Grande had to offer. The Sweet Like Candy scent is unsurprisingly one of the sweeter scents in this line up! A big part of me loves the bottle of this, as it’s completely unlike anything else I’ve seen before. The bottle is red and is covered in geometric edges, on the side is a huge red pom pom which is really cute. This scent takes sweet to a new level, with top notes of Juicy Red Berries, Italian Bergamot & Pear (which is one of my all-time favourite notes. The middle is a blend of Jasmine Sambac, Red Frangipani & Dewy Honeysuckle. The bottom is a the usual wood blend (Sensual Musks, Liquid Amber) but with Crème de Cassis and Marshmallow Cashmere Woods added in.



Marc Jacobs Daisy Kiss Eau de Toilette (£53 for 50ml)
The Marc Jacobs Daisy will need no introduction to most beauty fans and I was one of the first in line jumping with excitement for this new release. This 2017 limited edition is designed for women who live for love. The bottle is all kinds of pretty, thanks to the pink ombre bottle which is finished with the stunning array of flowers on the top. Could this perfume be anymore suited to spring if it tried? This fragrance is a casual nod to the Daisy line, which a lift of something more romantic. The opening of the fragrance includes valentine pomelo, apricot nectar and dewy violet. The middle includes osmanthus flower, white peony and pink rose – it ends with cedarwood, ambrox and musk. 



Ted Baker Polly Mixtures* (£15 for 10ml)
I’m always looking for my next travel scent, for me it needs to be sweet, potent but a bottle design which is easy to chuck in a travel bag. This beauty from Ted Baked ticks all the boxes! The whole range of Ted Baker’s Sweet Treats fragrances are made for someone with a sweet tooth and they all are available in handy 10ml bottles. Polly Mixtures is beautiful – the top notes include mandarin, red berries and peach (hurrah for the peach), the middle is white jasmine, honeysuckle and peony. The end of the scent is a mixture of amber and vanilla topped off with white musk. 



Zara Home Tonka Wood (£29.99 for 100ml) 
Until recently I had no idea that Zara Home even existed, so I’m really excited that they do and that they have an impressive array of fragrances. You cannot deny that the packaging of these is both simple and chic – after trying a few of the scents I can confirm that my favourite is Tonka Wood. I absolutely love spritzing this every morning, it’s a very gentle, feminine scent – which has been designed to represent delicate touches. The top notes include Bergamot, Lemon and Blackcurrant, the heart notes include Midnight violet and Lily of the valley, and the base notes include Vetiver, Tonka Bean and Praline Flower. I’m completely sold on this one – swoon! 



Roger and Gallet Fleur de Figuier (£40.50 for 100ml)
I have to confess that this one isn’t a new addition, but it wouldn’t be right to do a perfume post without it. It truly deserves the grail status in my collection and I’ve loved it for several years now! This fragrance is relatively new to the perfume scene, as it was only realised a couple of years ago but I literally cannot live without it! As soon as one bottle ends, I buy a new bottle to be shipped straight to me! It’s all about the fig scent and this fragrance is deliciously sweet! The top of the perfume includes Mandarin, Pink Peppercorn and Candied Fig Accord and the middle includes Violet Wood and Fig Pulp – fig central! When the fragrance dies down we are left with a blend of Musk, Patchouli and Moss. 




Ghost The Fragrance* (£24 for 30ml)
Ghost is one of those fragrance brands which is absolutely killing it, but I have had very little exposure too! They have an impressive array of scents but in this edit I chose to include Ghost The Fragrance. This one has been designed to be feminine but understated, arriving in a very simple hourglass bottle – made to mirror a women's silhouette. The scent itself is a blend of fresh top notes of Rose and Jasmine, a heart of Amber, Vanilla and Peach, and base notes of Sandalwood and Musk! It doesn’t take a genius to work out that I’m a big pear and peach fan, it appears a lot in this line up! 



I would love to hear all about your favourite scents for this time of year in the comments below. I really don’t think I need to add any others to my collection, but I can always be persuaded! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig