Friday 14 April 2017

Brow Shake Filling Powder from Rimmel London

I absolutely love that the high street is just as innovative as the higher end brands. It means that whatever budget you’re working with, you get to try something new and experiment with the latest trends. I honestly thought I’d seen it all when it came to brow products, but Rimmel London has brought something brand new to the game.




The new Brow Shake Filling Powder from Rimmel London is something completely new. It’s a powder product, which has been packed into applicator style packaging. The Brow Shake Filling Powder arrives in little tubes that look similar to eyeliners. However, instead of liquid inside the tube, there is lots of powder which has been designed for your eyebrows. The applicator is a thin sponge, which is only 1-2 centimetres long and is flexible. This means that the applicator is a bit of a multipurpose product, offering everything from light touches, to strong defined lines. Rimmel say that you simply shake the packaging to disperse the powder inside – then you’re good to go.




It has to be said that like a lot of the beauty community, I expected the powder inside this to be lightly pigmented. However, there is no denying that the powder inside is incredibly pigmented, so you really need a very light hand with this product. I’ve found it works best if you use light, thin strokes to fill the brow – you need to barely touch the hairs to really get a strong brow. 




I have to say that I really struggle to do my brows with powder, so I was really sceptical about the whole concept. Whilst I’m not sure that this will replace my holy grail pencils, it certainly made the world of working with powder a little easier. It certainly takes practise though – it took me two or three attempts before I had a brow with some real definition and not a solid block of colour.




There are four different shades available in this collection: Blonde, Medium Brown, Dark Brown and Black. I have quite dark hair, so I would normally automatically put myself in the ‘Dark Brown’ category. However, due to the pigmentation of this product, I can get away with using the lightest shade. I suspect that a lot of people are going to struggle to find their optimal colour. That being said, I do think this is a clever creation from Rimmel and for £5.99 I think it’s well worth experimenting with!



Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig