Wednesday 5 April 2017

An Introduction to Mary Kay

If you speak to an American beauty fan, she’s very likely to know about Mary Kay. From what I understand Mary Kay is similar to Avon here in the UK, they sell their products online, but there also have a team of co-ordinators who sell makeup at parties and door-to-door. Until recently I’d never heard of them, but they have a fabulous range of makeup, which I’ve quickly become obsessed with. 




New to the lineup from Mary Kay is the Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick* (£13 here), the first full-coverage lipstick from Mary Kay to use gel microsphere technology. The lipsticks arrive in a gloss-black bullet, which has pretty silver Mary Kay logo where the lipstick snaps shut. You twist up the lipstick to reveal a silver casing, which is finished with a black Mary Kay logo. My favourite part is that there is a clear window at the top, which makes it easy to spot the shade you need when they are lined up in your drawer.




The gel formulation allows the lipstick to glide smoothly on to the lips, it’s designed to keep the lips soft and supple. The formulation of the lipstick offers rich, stay-true colour, which is designed to last for hours on the lips, without drying them out. It has a semi-matte formulation, which means it offers a soft-focus effect, blurring imperfections and using optical enhancers included to scatter light. The Gel Semi-Matte Lipstick is available in 8 different shades, I have the shade Powerful Pink which is the perfect pink (swatched below) – it’s lovely for Springtime. 




My favourite product, however, has to be the Pure Dimensions Eye Palette* (£28 here). I’m not really sure what I expected from these, but they completely blew me away! The Pure Dimensions Eye Palettes arrive in black gloss palette, which has a clear lid, letting the beauty of the eyeshadows shine through. Mary Kay say that they use ‘innovative technology’ which lets the truest colour shine through, meaning what you see in the pan is what you get in the swatch. Not only are the colours beautiful, the colours are also very pigmented, the swatches on my arm here, just show a single swipe of each eyeshadow. 




Each eyeshadow is packed with finely milled pigments, which make the eyeshadows smooth and blendable, whether you choose to play one of the matte shades, or the metallic shimmer. There are currently three variants of the eyeshadow palette, which I think, actually cover all bases, I have two of the three. Moroccan Dunes* features an array of nude hues – featuring some pinks with some beige and brown hues. Maui Gardens* is the more daring of the two -  featuring a navy blue and a green, paired with two more neutral shades – but it’s still incredibly wearable. I’ve swatched all the shades for you below, the top four swatches are from the Moroccan Dunes palette, the bottom four are from the Maui Gardens palette. The third palette in the collection is called ‘Paris Starlight’ and it’s all about sparkle, so I can already tell I’m going to need it in my collection.




All-in-all Mary Kay has really impressed me and I can already tell I’m going to need to try some other products! You can pick up everything I mentioned here on the Mary Kay website. Have you tried anything from Mary Kay? 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig