Friday 7 October 2016

#ReallyReeXSpaceNK & A Huge London Haul

This time last week I was lucky enough to be invited down to London for the #ReallyReeXSpaceNK event. For those of you who don't know, I'm actually one of the Really Ree contributors, which means I write regular content for Ree, sharing my thoughts on some of the latest beauty releases. On the train down to the event, Stephanie (Merry Musing) and I really didn't know what to expect of the evening. We knew the event was being hosted at Space NK in Knightsbridge but not a lot else!



Little did we know that Ree and her beautiful sidekick Rebecca planned a wonderful evening of champagne, makeup and chatter. I've never in my life entered a blogging event and felt immediately at ease. I was surrounded by 15 other women who were as excited by makeup and beauty as me, it just felt so perfect. We were treated to canapés and champagne before sitting down to watch a masterclass by Space NK pro artist, Grace Revington. We were also joined by Jini (the head of PR for SpaceNK), who of course knew all the ins and outs of the SpaceNK brands and exclusive products. 







After the masterclass it was Ree's turn to hop up on stage and tell us all about her blogging journey. It was great fun to hear her stories and pick her brains on all things blogging. Ree is just how you expect her to be, full of life and energy, completely down to earth. After the masterclass we were invited upstairs to do a bit of shopping, I've never been in a SpaceNK store with 15 other bloggers, but let me tell you it was HEAVEN! We were all swatching, testing and sharing reviews, basically enabling each other to spend a fortune on beauty products. After the shopping we had a few minutes to take some selfies and say our goodbyes before heading home. The SpaceNK team literally had to throw us out of the store!



As we were heading down to London, Stephanie and I took the chance to grab some lunch and do a bit of beauty shopping. When you add my beauty purchases to the stuff I picked up in SpaceNK it actually becomes quite the haul! I said to Stephanie on the train than I felt like I finally need to cave and buy a Charlotte Tilbury palette. So we headed to the counter in Selfridges and I was greeted by the most lovely assistant. I picked up the Vintage Vamp palette, plus two (unplanned) Colour Chameleon Cream Eyeshadow Sticks in Champagne Diamonds and Dark Pearl. 

In SpaceNK my mission was to try a high end foundation and the staff ended up matching me to the Candleglow Soft Luminous Foundation - if you're curious my shade is 'Shell'. It's a very lightweight foundation and it's designed to give you a glowy finish on the skin. I also picked up the matching Candleglow Concealer & Highlighter in the shade 0.5, which is a fairly new release. I really wanted the Cover FX Drops in 'Moonlight' but sadly the store was completely sold out, so I found myself just wondering around feeling a bit sorry for myself. In the end I added the Hourglass Blusher in 'Mood Exposure' to my basket - I love the Hourglass blusher I have already and I loved that this one had a plum shade to it.

Thanks again to Ree and Rebecca for putting on a wonderful evening with the team at SpaceNK. Thanks also to Stephanie who was the best company all day long, I've never felt more at ease meeting a stranger before! 






Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig