Wednesday 13 July 2016

My Summer Fragrance Picks

I love spritzing a fragrance and being reminded of a happy moment in time. Let's be honest, we've all been there and it's the best feeling. Every summer I love to do a little rotation of my favourite fragrances, as it's the perfect time to bring my light fruity scents out to play. This season I've added a few new additions to my fragrance line up, so I'm here to share with fragrances have made the cut.






The Old Favourite
I call the Fleur de Figuier Eau de Parfum* the 'old favourite' as it has has holy grail status in my collection. I've definitely made no secret of this on my blog in the past. The Fleur de Figuier perfume was only released last year and it's the first Roger & Gallet scent to be made into a perfume. The fragrance is deliciously sweet, it's a summer fragrance and it feels like a beautiful summers day every time I spray it on my wrists. Naturally, the fig notes make it really fruity too, but it has a beautiful floral musk to finish it off!

Top notes: Mandarin, Pink Peppercorn, Candied Fig Accord
Heart notes: Violet Wood, Fig Pulp
Base notes: Musk, Patchouli, Moss


The Fleur de Figuier Eau de Parfum is available from Escentual, retailing at £40 for 50ml. 

The Eco-Friendly 'Barely There' Scent
As soon as I tried the Rain [Reserve Blend] by CLEAN Reserve, it was love! I love their ethos, I love their methodology and above all else, I love the scent. CLEAN Reserve approach fragrances in a completely new way, making use of high quality raw ingredients, which are fairly gathered in a responsible manner. ‘Rain’ is inspired by the rainforest - taking Amazonian rain and mixing it with a whole host of other ingredients (including bergamot, cucumber and water lily). What I really love about it, is that it feels really fresh on the skin. It's a clean scent by name and by nature, it's so easy to wear and it's really very pretty. It's the perfect scent for when you want to wear a perfume that isn't too strong. 

Top note: Bergamot
Heart note: Moist White Flowers
Base note: Patchouli

CLEAN Reserve scents are priced at £79 for 100ml and you can buy them from SpaceNK.

The Holiday Essential
The Ghost Eclipse Eau de Toilette* needs no introduction, I would be amazed if you've never seen this scent before. It's earmarked by many as their 'holiday essential' as it captures summer from start to finish. You can't not love it's simple moon shaped bottle, which looks gorgeous in the sunlight. Being an Eau de Toilette, the scent is very light, which makes it a perfect scent which is unobtrusive but feminine. You'll see by the notes below, that the scent is incredibly fruity, it gives it a lovely sweet tang which becomes more floral as the fragrance wears.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Peach, Mandarin, Lemon, Blackcurrant Buds, Apple, Marigold
Heart Notes: Freesia, Lotus, Rose, Blonde Woods

Base Notes: Musk, Amber Crystals

The Ghost Eclipse Eau de Toilette is available in three sizes; 30ml, 50ml and 75ml, prices start at £25 and you can buy it from Escentual.  

The One That Smells As Good As It Looks

There is no denying that the Missoni Eau de Parfum* looks exquisite from the outside, I can't resist the pink, green, red and purple hues. The bottle screams summer before you even lift the lid and give it a spritz. The good news is that it smells as good as it looks! If I compare this to the Ghost Fragrance, it has all the same characteristics, but this one has more of a floral undertone. Sometimes I personally find floral scents too powerful and old-fashioned, but this is the perfect blend of floral and fruity notes. It's got a bit more to give, so I like to wear it when I'm going out to dinner or to somewhere a little bit fancy. 

Top notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Cedar, Pomme d’Amour and Pear
Heart notes: Mahonial, Petalia and Jasminum Sambac
Base notes: Ambra, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood

The Missoni Eau de Parfum comes in three sizes; 30ml, 50ml and 100ml, prices start at £42 and you can buy it from Escentual.

What are your favourite summer scents? I'd love to hear about them in the comments below!


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig