Tuesday 12 July 2016

Creating A Flawless Base With Stila Aqua Glow

When Stila's Aqua Glow range dropped in Spring, the beauty world went a little mad! It felt like whenever I went, I couldn't get away from people raving about how good it was. So you can imagine my excitement when these beauties dropped through my letterbox! These products are from Stila's Impressionism collection, inspired by the light and vivid colours form the Impressionism revolutionary art movement. The range is all about introducing featherweight textures, with light and water to create a flawless canvas.




Let's start by speaking about the Aqua Glow Serum Foundation* which I have become completely obsessed with! This foundation is a water-based serum foundation, which makes it incredibly light on the skin. As you'd expect from a water-based foundation, this is incredibly moisturising on the skin. This is enhanced by the addition of Hyaluronic Acid in the formulation, giving a real boost of nourishment to the skin. It glides over both my dry cheeks and my oily t-zone, blending into both areas with ease.

What's particularly nice is that this is a very buildable foundation, you can start with a light coat which gives the skin a lovely perfected finish. Or you can keep building it up to something much more substantial, with it going cakey and thick.The foundation is packed with multi-reflective pigments, which deflect light to give you a really even and radiant finish. The Aqua Glow Serum Foundation is available in in 10 different shades, which reach all across the skintone spectrum and retails for £34 (from Cult Beauty).

Whilst I'm here I wanted to give the Aqua Glow Serum Concealer* an honourable mention! Again this is a water-based, buildable formulation, which blends beautifully. What I love about the concealer in particular, is that it gives you nearly invisible coverage. It's created to avoid the heavy, cakey finish and to just give a little bit of extra coverage where you need it both. I've tried it on both dark circles and blemishes, where it performed beautifully! The Aqua Glow Serum Concealer comes in 8 shades and retails for £19 (from Cult Beauty).

All-in-all a really impressive lineup from Stila, I'm so impressed and I can't wait to try some more of their products! I'd love to some recommendations in the comments below!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig