Wednesday 1 June 2016

May Favourites 2016

I added a lot of new makeup to my collection in May, it's all become a little bit out of control. It's like when you've overfilled your suitcase and you sit on it to get it shut, that's me and my makeup storage at the moment. It's definitely well overdue a sort out, time to send some of the bits on to some of my good friends I think! June is here already, I'm honestly not sure where this month has gone! I actually had a great month, it started with a lovely holiday and I've really been enjoying the warmer weather. Before we wave goodbye to May, we just need to do one last thing, recap on my May Favourites!




Baked Gelato Vivid Swirl Blush from Laura Geller
The formula of the Baked Gelato Vivid Swirl Blush is very similar to the illuminators that I fell in love with last year. They have a dreamy cream-to powder formula, which gives them a lovely buttery soft texture. There are four different shades available and I have 'Rosewater', which is a lovely bright pink shade with a rose hue. I apply this pretty blusher with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, the dense brush is great at picking up the pigment and blending out the colour. I simply dab this colour on to the apple of my cheeks, brushing the colour up my cheekbones to add a bit of a contoured finish. You can pick up the Baked Gelato Vivid Swirl Blush for £21 from Escentual.

L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation
There is no shortage of hype for this foundation this month, but it's totally justified! I'm so glad that this high-end trend has finally landed on the high street here in the UK. The Nude Magique Cushion Foundation opens up to reveal a mirror and a powder puff, a separate section is lifted up to reveal the cushion sitting below. I just take my usual foundation, dip it into the cushion and apply the foundation all over. It's incredibly lightweight, giving you enough coverage to perfect the skin without it feeling cakey. I'm a huge fan of the glowing complexion it leaves behind! You can pick up the Nude Magique Cushion Foundation from Superdrug for £14.99

Hourglass Eyeshadow Palette in Exposure
I cannot tell you how long I've had this palette on my wish list and I'm already kicking myself that I did not buy it sooner! Everything about it makes me weak at the knees; the packaging is stunning, the colours are beautiful and the formulation is to die for. The palette has five different purple hue shades which look amazing on their own, or blended into the ultimate smokey eye. I held off buying this for so long, as it really is quite expensive but it is worth every single penny! You can pick up the Hourglass Exposure Eyeshadow Palette from John Lewis for £55

Essie Nail Polish in Bahama Mama
Bahama Mama is one of my favourite nail polish shades of all time! I've been revisiting it this month as I got a little bored of pastel shades, but I think this suits the sun as much as it does the Autumn leaves. It's a creamy deep plum shade and like with all Essie polishes, it applies and lasts like a dream! You can buy Essie's Bahama Mama from Superdrug for £7.99

What products have you been loving this month?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig