Wednesday 13 April 2016

Rainforest Of The Sea | Spring 2016 by Tarte

There is no hiding it, I'm a complete Tarte Cosmetics addict. I'm not even ashamed, I'm just going to embrace it. When my other half was whisked to the USA for business, it only seemed right that I sent him armed with a list of goodies to bring home. The Rainforest Of The Sea collection from Tarte was right at the very top of the list. The Rainforest Of The Sea collection is inspired (unsurprisingly) by the depths of the sea. Tarte have created a collection which is hydrating and brightening, whilst fighting environmental factors that aggravate our skin. 



What I love about Tarte Cosmetics, is that they don't live by the "matte black" packaging rules that seem to be dominating the beauty industry. Inside they add personality and something different to every single product. The Rainforest Of The Sea collection is no different - each product is decorated with a wave like pattern with a colour palette to match. Not only does this make it easy to find the products in my overfilled beauty storage, but it also makes the products feel so special and so unique.

The Rainforest Of The Sea Collection is packaged full of hot new releases. The collection includes; a new foundation, new brushes, an eyeshadow palette, a highlighting palette, a colour-correcting palette, an eyeliner, a range of lipsticks and three new skincare items. Regular readers will know already that it's the palettes I couldn't resist, these new palettes join the three other Tarte palettes that I already have in my collection.



The Rainforest Of The Sea Eyeshadow palette has been incredibly popular since it's release, but it's now creeping back into stock at Sephora. It's a limited-edition palette which features eight eyeshadow shades. Recently I've been buying a lot of pink/purple palettes, so it's nice to add something new and neutral to the beauty stash. 

The quality of the eyeshadows are fantastic - just like all the other Tarte eyeshadows I've tried. What's different about these is that they've been infused with Tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea™ complex, which is designed to defend our skin from everyday aggressors. The eyeshadows are incredibly creamy and they've been formulated to hydrate the eyelids, with a formula which doesn't feel dry or chalky. All the shades are pigmented well and there is a array of both mattes and shimmer shades. There is everything you need from golds, pinks, brows, tans and ivory hues. 

The Rainforest of the Sea Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette is my idea of heaven. I'm a complete highlighter addict and when I saw this, I could not shake the obsession. This is a highlighting trio palette, which has three different lighting shades. Inside the palette there are two Luminous Perfecting Powders (in Sunlight and Moonlight) plus a Perfecting Powder in Filtered Light. The shades are designed to be universal, making the ideal palette for strobing and perfecting. I love applying these to all the normal areas of the face to give my skin a nice glow. It's hard to choose which one to use, so more often than not, you can catch me applying all three in the morning before work.

The 
Rainforest of the Sea collection is available in the USA at Sephora and directly from Tarte. It's also creeping onto QVC and Tarte do actually ship to the UK. Prices for the collection range start at $9 for the lipsticks and reach $45 dollars for the Lighting Palette, though it's totally worth every cent! 




Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig