Wednesday 17 February 2016

Clarins' Ombre Iridescent | Eyeshadow Heaven

I first fell in love with the Ombre range of eyeshadows from Clarins back in December 2014. I had one of the Ombre Matte shadows and I fell in love with the colour, the texture and the staying powder. Fast forward a year and Clarins have released Ombre Iridescent eyeshadows, as part of their ‘Instant Glow’ Spring range.





There are four shades of the Ombre Iridescent eyeshadows in total, which have been brought to life with a shot of silver iridescence, so they have a really lovely shine. What’s really special about these mono eyeshadows is the formulation. They are a cream-to powder formulation, which gives you the best of both worlds. You get a true creamy formulation, which applies like a dream but also holds on your eyelids all day long. 

Regular readers will not be shocked that I picked the purple shade from the lineup. Here I have Plum Silver, which is a pretty purple with the aforementioned silver running through it. The colour is really pigmented and I find it best to apply the formula with a brush. I load up my brush and I load it on to my eyelids, I then take a MAC 217 and blend out the edges. What I love is that this honestly creates the most effortless smokey eye, without any hard edges and it only takes thirty seconds. It also works as a really nice base for other shades; I love loading on shades from my bareMinerals palette on the top. 

The colour looks bold and sophisticated, yet it’s comfortable enough to wear to the office, but still mesmerising in the evening to wear to dinner. You can pick these eyeshadows from lots of places, including Escentual here, for £18.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig