Sunday, 21 February 2016

A Mini Sephora Haul

 
I always tell myself that if I'm being forced half way round the world on business, the least I can do is pop into Sephora and treat myself to some new goodies. The problem is that I travel the USA quite a lot, so I dangerously close to entering into 'VIB' territory last year. Whilst I do see that as a bit of an achievement, being reminded that you've spent nearly $350 on makeup, in just one of the many shops I use, is a bit of worry. All that being said, I was in Las Vegas and the Sephora stores there are pretty swish. I wanted to pick up my Birthday gift and spend some of my points - so I figured I could spare $35 on a few goodies. 



Although I was there on January 5th, I was a bit late for the bulk of the Christmas Sales, but there were a few things lingering on the shelves. So the first thing that I popped into my basket was the 'All Access Glam Palette' by Sephora. Inside this gorgeous box there is eight eyeshadows, four blushers and a highlighter powder. I actually picked up a Sephora palette last year and I was really impressed with the quality, so I thought I'd give this one a go. It seems like it will be a good travel companion and I'm pretty sure it only cost me $7, which is a bargain!

I was full of good intentions of having a bit of a pamper evening whilst I was away. So the next thing I picked up where these Sephora Sleeping Masks, in two different formulas. The first one I picked up was Pomegranate, which is for Anti-fatigue & Energizing. The second one was the Rose variation, which is for Moisturising and Brightening. The masks are a rich cream-gel texture and they are designed to be used whilst you sleep. They all have different active ingredients which penetrate the skin overnight. They are only $4 each, so I figured the would be fun to try.

The last thing I bought was the Makeup Eraser, which has had some crazy reviews recently, so as soon as I saw it, it went straight in my basket. The Makeup Eraser is a reusable makeup removing cloth which takes off your makeup with only warm water. So you don't need to use a cleanser, or a pre-cleanser, just the cloth and some water. They say that it removes waterproof makeup (and mascara) with ease! I cannot wait to give this a go!

For my Birthday gift I opted for the Soy Skincare Set from Fresh, it has a mini bottle of the Soy Cleanser and a mini tub of the Soy Face Mask. I then also opted to spend some of my Sephora points, so I picked up the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara and the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer, each for 100 points each. 

When you consider that I only spent £25 here, I'm pretty impressed with my basket full of goodies. I'd love to know what you think of my purchases and I'd love to hear your recommendations for my next trip...

*Disclaimer*
Posts may include press samples, all press samples are always indicated with a * next to the product name. Some links included in this post are likely to be affilate links, but please be aware that posts are NOT affilate driven. If you want to know more, check out my full disclaimer.


Follow
 
© Copyright 2016 - Stephanie Usher - Beauty Blog