Tuesday 19 January 2016

Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée by Josie Maran

Josie Maran has been floating around the bloggersphere for quite a while. All her products seem to get glowing reviews and I've been dying to try something. I decided to try something small, so I opted for the Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée. It had been raved about left, right and center, so it was finally time for me to cave and try it!



The Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée by Josie Maran is pretty innovative product, as it's been created with coconut water. It's actually made with 50% pure coconut water, which is really hydrating on the skin. It's also packed with Argan Oil and made without Parabens, sulfates and synthetic fragrances. It's been called a 'gelée' but in reality it is somewhere between a cream blusher and a gel stain. I actually have an (irrational) fear of gelly type textures and this doesn't bother me at all. 


I opted for the miniature sample size of the Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée. It comes packaged in a little glass pot with a coloured lid that matches the shade inside. I opted for the shade Pink Escape, which looks red when it's in the little pot, but it's actually a cool pink tone.

I've used the Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée, both with my fingers and a brush. I actually found that fingers work best, as it's quite a small pot and it's hard to fit a brush inside. I tend to dab a little bit of the colour on my fingertips, dab it onto the apples of my cheeks and then blend it out with a blush. The colour is gorgeous, it's buildable and the pigmentation is great too, a little goes a long way. It's also really easy to blend too, I was worried that you'd have to work pretty quickly but it's really easy to use.

Josie Maran says that this special formula gives you 14-hours of dewy color. Whilst I haven't tested it for 14-hours, it does last really well on the skin and it looks really pretty all day long. For $13 I think it's an absolute bargain and it's a joy to use, the bad news is that it's pretty hard to get hold of here in the UK. Although, I'm definitely going to pick up a full sized pot when I'm next near Sephora.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig