Monday 12 October 2015

Contouring Approved ✔

Yes I'm still talking about contouring! Contouring is one of those things that I've been OBSESSED with recently. I've been trying so many contouring products and I thought it was about time that I made a contouring edit. From high end to high street, from pigmented to low key; there's something for everyone! So here we go...

Go hard or go home! High end and pigmented...
These are the products that are not for the faint hearted! NARS Laguna is one of those products that everyone talks about. It comes in a fairly large compact and there's a large mirror inside. This is a really pigmented powder, but it’s the perfect colour for lighter skintones. It’s completely matte, which means you don't end up looking like a glitter ball, plus it does such an amazing job at carving out my cheekbones! The Filmstar Bronze & Glow palette from Charlotte Tilbury is another hyped product, but there's no denying that this product is gorgeous. What's inside is pretty damn special, the quality of this product is stunning and the colour match is good for my pale skin. Both sides of this palette is pigmented and you need a light touch but the finish is very warm and natural. 

Contouring on a budget...
The Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder gets a lot of airtime on my blog and its completely justified. It starts life with a very pretty honeycomb pattern and it's another completely matte product. It's not very pigmented, which makes it great for beginners, but it's also great for using everyday as it's harder to make mistakes.  The Define & Conquer Contour Kit from Seventeen is the best budget contour kit I've found so far. It comes with a large mirror and it even has a little instruction sheet if you’re new to contouring. The contouring shade is incredibly pigmented and again it's completely matte. It's potentially a little too orange for me, but I get around this by using a big fluffy brush to blend it out. The highlighter shade is a pretty champagne shade and it's also matte, personally I miss the glitter.

Powder highlighters for that gorgeous sheen...
Even though were heading into winter I still love highlighter and I use it every day! MAC Soft & Gentle is a baked powder which has a pretty marbled effect. You can actually use this product all over the face, but it's incredible pigmented, so I prefer to concentrate it to the normal areas. This is definitely one of my favourite items in my entire makeup collection, it's absolutely stunning and I highly recommend it. The Makeup Revolution Highlighter in Peach Lights is a very new item in my collection, but it's quickly jumped at my favourites list. This highlighter gives you that 'glowing from within finish' but it does not have any glitter inside. It comes in this huge compact, the embossing is gorgeous and it only costs £3! 

Cream highlighters for that subtle glow...
Topshop's Glow Highlighter comes a very cute glass jar and it's a cream/mousse formulation. What I love about this, is that it's very light and blendable and a little bit goes a long way. It's best to use your fingers and just dab it on all the areas you want the glow. My travel friendly cream highlighter is the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter, which comes in a handy stick formula. It's not a wet or tacky formula, you simply sweep it onto the skin, it doesn't drag on your skin, it just applies effortlessly.

I'd love to know your thoughts on these products, have you tried any of them? What are your favourite contouring products?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig