Sunday 4 October 2015

Autumn Edit 2015

For the last few weeks I’ve been testing, reviewing and trying out a load of products. What’s different to any other month I hear you ask? Well the sole purpose has been to create my official Autumn Edit 2015. I’ve tried a lot of products, some good, some bad, but these products are the ones I give my seal of approval. So if you’re looking to update your makeup bag or your skincare regime - you can safely take out your shopping list and get stuck in. First, lets talk makeup!




Embrace bronze, metallic tones and glitter shadows
Eyeshadow is my weakness and I'm so pleased that metallic tones are back for this season. There's nothing I enjoy more than sweeping those bronze tones over my eyes during the run up to Christmas. One of my all time favourite eyeshadows for this trend, is the Bourjois Color Edition Eyeshadow in the shade Or Desir. It's an incredible bronze shade and it looks amazing on it's own, or layered with other products. If you're looking for a really strong metallic finish, I highly recommend the Illamasqua Pigments. In particular the shade Furore, which is a gorgeous champagne peach shimmer. Last but not least, if you're looking to rock the glitter trend on a budget, you should try the high glitter formulation of the Magnif'eyes Mono Eyeshadows from Rimmel. I have the shade Superstar, which is a really simply pink glitter, it looks good layered over everything!

Dewy, glowing skin
Dewy skin is not just for summer and actually the trend is not disappearing with the sun. It's all about dewy and glowing skin this season, so if you pair your metallic eye look with a subtle highlighter, you're definitely onto a winner! I wanted to share with you this gorgeous highlighter from Laura Geller, which is now available at Escentual. Officially this is the Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in the shade Ballerina* and lets be honest, it's just gorgeous to look at. When you swatch it, it gives your skin a really lovely warmth and a stunning sheen.  There are some small glitter pieces in this, which adds a little bit of shimmer, without that glitterball finish. Another great highlighter option is the travel friendly cream highlighter from No7. The No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter, comes in a handy stick formula, it's not wet, it's not tacky and it just gives a really nice sheen to the skin. 




Lipgloss is back
It's good news if you happen to be a matte lipstick hater! Because this year the catwalks favoured a slick of gloss and not just the usual matte lipstick. My all time favourite lipgloss used to be the LOreal Glam Shine Stain Splash, which has recently been reformulated and released as the Infalliable Gloss, which comes in several formulas. I have the shade 'For The Ladies' which is a lovely pink shade in a 'dazzle' formula. If you're looking for something a little bit more pigmented, the new lipgloss range from Fleur De Force, is really lovely. I have the shade 'Written In The Stars' which is a really nice 'my lips but better' shade, but she also has some more vampy shades too!

Greige nails for that classic autumn colour
For nails it's pretty much the standard trend that comes around year after year! It's all about those red, berry, navy and purple hues. However, a huge trend that I'm embracing for the first time is Greige! Despite listening to all the beauty gurus rave about Greige nails for YEARS, I've never caved... until now. One of the colours that has not left my nails recently is Essie Chinchilly, which is a beautiful 'sleek granite grey'. I've honestly fallen head over heels for this polish, it's so sleek and sophisticated, I love it! If you're looking for something that fits a smaller budget, I highly recommend the B Complete Nail Polish in Innocence. It's a very similar look, but it's has a bit more of a taupe/purple finish on the nails and only costs £3!




Lets move on to the skincare part of my Autumn Edit and there is a lot to talk about! There are a LOT of new releases floating around at the moment. If I'm honest it's a bit of a skincare lover’s paradise and there really is something for everyone! The best advise I can give anyone for the winter months, is to stock your shelves with skincare that pumps your skin with moisture.

Keep your skin hydrated
There’s a bit of a trend at the moment for “sleep in” or nighttime moisturisers. These usually involve a cream that is packed with goodness to refresh your skin overnight. I have two favourites at the moment; the first is the Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Creme*, which my oily skin just loves. It’s incredibly light on the skin and it doesn’t clog my pores or cause breakouts. If you’re looking for something a bit heavier, perhaps for really dry skin, you could try the Vichy Idealia Skin Sleep Recovery Night Gel-Balm*– it gets some rave reviews!

Another product I’ve been loving recently is the Hylamide Low-Molecular HA Booster from DECIEM*. This version of Hylamide has been made especially for dehydration and like all other DECIEM products I've tried, it does not disappoint. You simply add a few drops of the Hylamide to your skincare routine and it helps your skin feel plump and boosted with moisture. The Hylamide Low-Molecular HA Booster has five forms of Hyaluronic, which all come in different molecular weights, which means it can penetrate into different layers of your skin.





Morning skincare to help you feel fresh
As the mornings get darker, I’m always in need of a little boost to wake me up in the mornings. The step I never skip in my routine, is a quick spray of Serozinc! I actually this twice a day (morning and night) – it’s a Zinc Sulphate solution, which tackles blemishes. It’s great as it’s a cooling mist, so you just have to spray it on your skin, wait a few seconds and you’re good to go!

Finally in the skincare section, I wanted to give a mention to the Origins Refreshing Scrub Cleanser*. Not only is the Origins Refreshing Scrub Cleanser packed with amazing ingredients, but it also as a fresh orange scent to wake you up first thing! You can actually pick up Origins from Look Fantastic now, which I love! 

Don't forget your bodycare
It's just as important to look after our skin everywhere else on our body, not just our face! Pop a hand cream in your handbag and you're covered for a whole host of dry skin emergencies. Some of my favourites include the Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream*, Hand Chemistry and of course the handbag miniatures from Roger & Gallet. For everywhere else, I'm a big fan of the Roger & Gallet Fleur de Figuier Body Lotion, which I pick up every time I'm in M&S! I do of course have to give a mention to The Body Shop Body Butter for those really problematic dry areas - it's a godsend! 




Swapping to an Autumn fragrance
I always like to end my seasonal edits with my thoughts on fragrance. With Christmas fast approaching there are a whole load of new Autumn scents hitting the shelves. Today I just wanted to talk about something special from Library of Fragrance. Paperback* is a new scent at Boots this season and it's designed to celebrate the love of literature. I knew I'd either love or hate this scent and I can honestly say it's gorgeous. It's very sweet; it has a lovely scent of vanilla (which I actually normally hate) but it's paired with this stunning musky, dusty scent, which just sets it alive. I've sprayed this on my wrists as I'm typing and I just cannot stop sniffing, it's lovely! The best part is that these Library of Fragrance scents are so cheap, they are only £15 for 50ml, or two bottles for £25 at Boots.

The only other fragrance I want to talk about is an old favourite of mine; Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia. I actually bought this perfume for my Birthday a few years ago (I'm an January baby) and it always reminds me of this time of year. It's everything I look for in an Autumn fragrance; it has a fruity hint of pear, wrapped in floral and woody notes.

My Autumn Edit will be continuing on Hope, Freedom, Love over the coming month. So if you’re looking for more information or in depth reviews on any of these products, keep your eyes peeled!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig