Saturday 10 October 2015

A Closer Look At The Nanokeratin System Range

Nanokeratin System are a haircare company who say they are a global leader in professional haircare. They pride themselves in their proven "micro size molecular hair repair system". Minuscule molecules is something the skincare industry has been playing with for a while, so it's exciting to see the hair industry following suit. Small molecules are able to penetrate even the smallest hair fibres, infusing our hair with great ingredients to help protect our hair from the environment. 

I actually reviewed the Nanokeratin System Befri Brush not too long ago and I was pretty impressed! I didn't actually realise that Nanokeratin System make a whole range of 'at home' hair products including; shampoos, conditioners and masks! They all focus on taking your hair back to the best condition possible. 




Nanokeratin System like to make hair products with our fast paced lifestyle in mind! They think it's incredibly important to take the time to fix the environmental damage in our hair. The Nanokeratin System range is split into three different hair types; Natural/Virgin, Coloured and Sensitised/Over Processed, which makes it easy to pick out something that has what your hair needs. As I have permed hair, I opted for the Sensitised/Over Processed option.

The Re-Enhance Refining Shampoo* is designed to breathe life back into your hair. It's made specially with chemically treated hair in mind. It aims to rejuvenate your hair post-treatment whilst restoring nutrients and moisture. You use it just like any other shampoo, simply apply it to your hair, lather for 1-2 minutes and rinse it out. 

The shampoo doesn't have much of a scent to it, if anything it's a very fresh scent, it reminds me Yankee Candle's Clean Cotton scent. As you work it through your hair, it lathers up LOADS which I personally love. As you rinse it out, it leaves your hair feeling very clean, it almost has the effects of a clarifying shampoo, but without the dry and stripped feeling. The shampoo is sulphate and paraben free and it left my hair frizz free.

The Rejuvenate Refining Mask* is another product that has been made with chemically treated hair in mind. It's a mask that has been designed to nourish your hair from within, leaving you with smooth, silky hair. The mask uses amino acids and antioxidants to detangle damaged hair types.  You simply wash your hair like normal and the apply the mask to your clean, damp hair. You should massage it in gently, leave it for 2-3 minutes, then rinse it out. 

The mask has a similar scent to the shampoo, but what is really interesting is the texture of the mask. It's very similar to the texture of a cleansing balm; it's very thick, very balmy and it doesn't have any colour to it. I simply work it into my hair, both through the tips and end the ends and then relax for a couple of minutes. When you rinse it out your hair feels incredible, it's very soft and it feels full of moisture. It also left my hair looking frizz-free, which is exactly what you need when you have curly hair. I wondered if a little sachet like this would be enough for my hair - but actually you only need a tiny amount. You should use it once a week, which means that if you choose to invest in a full tub of the mask, it would last you over a year!

I love reading about new innovations, especially in the haircare market. Having permed hair these days is pretty rare (I have no idea why, I love my hair curly) - so finding special products that do not destroy the chemical treatment, is really difficult. The Nanokeratin System products are pretty pricey, but I'm inclined to think they are worth it, especially in the case of the Rejuvenate Refining Mask. Ultimately looking after my hair (and my perm) will only save me money in the long run, so I'm pretty chuffed to have these handy sachets in my routine! 

What are your thoughts on haircare products - do you invest in products or buy cheaper items from the high street?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig