Saturday 5 September 2015

Define & Conquer Contour Kit from Seventeen

Trying different contour kits is becoming a bit of an addiction. I just love seeing what all the different brands to offer! Both high end and drugstore brands are managing to create products that are making contouring really easy. The Define & Conquer Contour Kit (genius name) from Seventeen has had some RAVE reviews from the bloggersphere. If I’m honest I resisted trying it for ages as I’ve not really ever been impressed by their products in the past. However, I did eventually cave and now I’m here to share my thoughts. 



The packaging is actually pretty nice; it’s packed in a black matt case, which is not a world apart from the NARS packaging. It comes with a large mirror, which is handy for makeup on the go, and it even has a little instruction sheet if you’re new to contouring. Like all other contouring kits, the compact is split into halves. One side is the bronzing/contouring powder and the other is the highlighting shade. 

The contouring shade is incredibly pigmented, you really don’t need much and it’s a not a bad match for my light pink-toned skin. It’s completely matt, but it’s potentially a little too orange than what I’d normally use, but I get around this by using a big fluffy brush to blend it out. The highlighter shade is a pretty champagne shade, but it’s completely matt. I personally miss the glitter, but I know lots of people hate shimmer!

The Define & Conquer Contour Kit comes in two shades (Fair and Medium) and retails for £5.99 from Boots. I cannot get over just how cheap that is, it’s an absolute bargain. Will it replace other contour kits in my collection? Probably not! However, it is a great product and fantastic if you want contouring on a budget, or a product for travelling with. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig