Saturday, 5 September 2015

Define & Conquer Contour Kit from Seventeen

 
Trying different contour kits is becoming a bit of an addiction. I just love seeing what all the different brands to offer! Both high end and drugstore brands are managing to create products that are making contouring really easy. The Define & Conquer Contour Kit (genius name) from Seventeen has had some RAVE reviews from the bloggersphere. If I’m honest I resisted trying it for ages as I’ve not really ever been impressed by their products in the past. However, I did eventually cave and now I’m here to share my thoughts. 



The packaging is actually pretty nice; it’s packed in a black matt case, which is not a world apart from the NARS packaging. It comes with a large mirror, which is handy for makeup on the go, and it even has a little instruction sheet if you’re new to contouring. Like all other contouring kits, the compact is split into halves. One side is the bronzing/contouring powder and the other is the highlighting shade. 

The contouring shade is incredibly pigmented, you really don’t need much and it’s a not a bad match for my light pink-toned skin. It’s completely matt, but it’s potentially a little too orange than what I’d normally use, but I get around this by using a big fluffy brush to blend it out. The highlighter shade is a pretty champagne shade, but it’s completely matt. I personally miss the glitter, but I know lots of people hate shimmer!

The Define & Conquer Contour Kit comes in two shades (Fair and Medium) and retails for £5.99 from Boots. I cannot get over just how cheap that is, it’s an absolute bargain. Will it replace other contour kits in my collection? Probably not! However, it is a great product and fantastic if you want contouring on a budget, or a product for travelling with. 

*Disclaimer*
Posts may include press samples, all press samples are always indicated with a * next to the product name. Some links included in this post are likely to be affilate links, but please be aware that posts are NOT affilate driven. If you want to know more, check out my full disclaimer.


Follow
 
© Copyright 2016 - Stephanie Usher - Beauty Blog