Sunday 27 September 2015

Mint For Life | Maybelline NOTD

It's Sunday which means it's time for another NOTD. Now, I resisted another mint NOTD for quite a long time, but I really wanted to share this stunning polish with you all. 

The Maybelline Super Stay nail polishes have a pretty good reputation in the blogging community. Yet despite my rather large collection of nail polishes, I've never tried something from the Super Stay line. The polishes come packaged in a square (ish) bottle, finished with a long white lid. The brush inside is amazing as it has a perfect and precise curved tip, which is my kind of nail polish heaven.

Mint For Life is a gorgeous colour, which isn't far from the world of Mint Candy Apple (and my kitchen walls). The formula itself is pretty thick and it's also pretty pigmented. Although despite the thick formula, I did still need to do three coats to get a perfect opaque wash of colour. It's so rare to find a mint green polish that does an opaque finish in fewer coats, the only brand that seems to succeed at this is the aforementioned Essie shade! Nevertheless, if you have the time, it's worth persevering with three coats, as this polish is pretty much half the price. I should also mention that this polish dries SO quickly; I'm talking touch-dry in roughly thirty seconds, which is impressive. 

I'm definitely going to try some other shades from the Maybelline Super Stay line. If Mint For Life tickles your fancy, you can pick it up from Superdrug or Boots for £4.49. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig