Monday 3 August 2015

Revisiting Cream Eyeshadows

This weekend I was completely lost for blog post ideas. Writers block completely got the better of me, here I was stuck with nothing to say. I decided the best way to come up with ideas, was to have a rummage through my two IKEA Alex's (yes I have two) and rediscover my beauty collection. In amongst the rough I found my collection of cream eyeshadows, which I had completely forgotten about. 

I was like a kid in a candy shop as I rummaged through these pots of joy. As someone with oily eyelids, these used to be part of my daily routine, shuffling through them seeing what took my fancy. I decided to take a few out and share some of my favourites with you. 

First up I have the Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Pink Gold'
These little pots from Maybelline, sparked my initial love for cream eyeshadows. They came into my life during my student days, I loved that you could pick them up on the high street for less than £5. Retailing at just £4.99, they are something everyone can afford! There is a huge range of colours, many of which are still hiding in my drawers! Pictured here is 'Pink Gold', it's something a bit different to the others in my collection. It's a pigmented pink shade which is great alone but perfect for pairing with the Naked 3 palette.

In the middle of the stack you can see the Clarins Ombre Matte eyeshadow in 'Nude Pink'
When this eyeshadow from Clarins landed, the texture had me completely confused! When you look at it in the pan, it just looks like a matt eyeshadow, but it's actually a cream-to-powder texture. It has the smoothness of a cream shadow, but with the hold of a powder. I find that the best way to apply this is with my fingers, I just use this lovely shadow as a base. Then I top it with other shadows to create whatever look I'm going for. It's really creamy and it applies really easily and it holds in place too, it's the perfect base! You can pick up the Ombre Matte Eyeshadows from Escentual for £19 (here).

Standing proudly at the top of the stack is the 
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in 'Bare Study'
When I bought this Paint Pot from MAC it was a bit of an investment, so I picked a colour I would get a lot of use out of. The quality of this bad boy is fantastic and it looks great on it's own. I love to layer it with lashings of my Illamasqua pressed pigment. They are three times the price of the Maybelline alternative but the quality is definitely a step up. They also come in a bit nicer packaging!

Standing on it's own we have the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Eyeshadow in 'Stone'
I waited a long time before I added this to my collection and I eventually caved. I love the packaging of this one as it's completely different to the others (who new a square could be so unique)! Stone is a gorgeous neutral brown shade which can give you a nice smokey look with very minimal effort, I love it!

I'd love to know about your favourite cream products, do you have a wide selection of cream eyeshadows?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig