Tuesday, 18 August 2015

James & Friends Stationery

 
Obviously being a blogger (and someone who works in the video production industry) I find the online world a very exciting place. It’s incredible what people are able to achieve and the audiences they are able to reach. I have my favourite YouTuber’s that I watch very frequently and every now and then, they release merchandise. I actually have nothing against YouTuber's having merchandise, I think it’s a great way for viewers to support their favourite YouTubers, plus have something to keep as a momento. I do have a bit of a pet peeve though. What I hate is when it's just more of the same thing, something churned out to make a quick sale, which seemingly has no thought attached to it (even though I’m sure it takes a lot of effort to make any merchandise). 

So when Jim Chapman had everyone on tenterhooks for his latest announcement, I was in two minds whether it would be something that would be appeal to me. After all, I am a twenty-something working woman, as apposed to his usual target audience.  When Jim announced the launch of 'James & Friends' - a line of stationery - I actually thought it was pretty unique and I was quite interested in the range. 




James & Friends is a stationery range featuring notebooks, pens, ring binders, pencil cases, the list goes on. It all stemmed from a little doodle of a Robot Jim drew over a year ago, which he later decided would look great on stationery. All the items have a blogging/social media theme (as you would expect), which makes it the perfect addition to your blogging routine. I couldn't resist picking up a couple of items to try, so I thought I'd share them with you too!

The first thing I picked up is the A5 notebook; it's blue with a pink stripe finished with James the Robot and the phrase 'pin me, friend me, follow me, like me'. Inside there's lined paper with the James & Friends logo at the bottom of each page. It retails for £7 and is available from ASOS (here), as well as Amazon and Paper Ducks.

Next up is the Mini Jotter which I think is pretty cute. It's a green book with a camera on the front, with the phrase 'Notes To Selfie'. It's a great size to chuck in your bag, you can use it for whatever your heart desires, but I've found it great for shopping lists. This retails for £2 on Paper Ducks or you can buy it in a duo pack from ASOS (here).

The last thing I bought was the Ballpoint Pen, which arrives in a pink box with the phrase 'write on'. The pen itself is a very simple design, it has a red/blue colour scheme with the little robot at the bottom. It makes it very unisex and I think it's a great pen to chuck in your handbag. It's the only item that I found quite pricey, as it retails for £8 (here).

I don't think the design will be everyone's cup of tea, some people have noted that the items are aimed at quite a young audience. Whilst I see where they're coming from, I don't feel like they are too young for me or my demographic. There are some items I wouldn't personally use (such as the pencil cases or the stationery set) but I'm really happy with the things I picked up. If you're interested in the range, you can watch his announcement video here.

*Disclaimer*
Posts may include press samples, all press samples are always indicated with a * next to the product name. Some links included in this post are likely to be affilate links, but please be aware that posts are NOT affilate driven. If you want to know more, check out my full disclaimer.


Follow
 
© Copyright 2016 - Stephanie Usher - Beauty Blog