Friday 21 August 2015

From My Sample Drawer: Dior Lash Plumping Serum

I thought I'd start a new series on Hope, Freedom, Love featuring reviews of products from my sample stash! So once a week, I'll be sharing a cute miniature fresh from my sample drawer. Today I'm talking about the Lash Plumping Serum from Dior, which comes in this lovely white and silver packaging. I believe the packaging is a replica of the full sized packaging, which is unusual for sample sizes.



The Lash Plumping Serum from Dior, is the latest member of the Diorshow mascara. It is a primer which aims a smooth base that you then apply mascara on top of. Dior described the Lash Plumping Serum as the most innovative of the season, as it's contains a 'unique complex made up of 'hydrolyzed soy'. The hydrolyzed soy helps your lashes grow longer and stronger. 

When you apply the Lash Plumping Serum to your lashes it covers them in the white serum. You can noticeably see the difference in your lashes, as they instantly look longer and more defined. The serum dries really quickly and you can apply your mascara over the top. It's a bit fiddly applying your mascara on top of the serum, as your lashes are already dry and a bit crispy. It's a similar sensation to applying a new coat of mascara, on top of an older coat from earlier in the day.

The first time I used the Lash Plumping Serum I really did not like the product; it was too much faff and my lashes looked awful. I decided that I'd apply my regular mascara straight away, rather than leaving the formula to try. Every time I've done this, I've really liked the effect of the Lash Plumping Serum. It leaves your lashes looking much longer and also really defined. 

If the results in the day are not enough to wow you, you can also use this Lash Plumping Serum at night. Yes, you can use a mascara at night time! You simply apply this before you go to bed and it acts like a treatment; deeply conditioning your lashes whilst you sleep. The Dior Innovation Center has actually tested the Lash Plumping Serum over a period of 8 weeks and found some pretty hefty results. These include a 52% Increase in volume and a 73% Increase in curl. I only have a sample, so I haven't been able to test the claims myself!

The Lash Plumping Serum from Dior has got some very mixed reviews on the bloggersphere, some love it, some hate it! So I highly recommend picking up a sample to try it first if you can (I got mine from Sephora). You can pick up the Lash Plumping Serum from John Lewis (here) for £25. 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig