Wednesday 12 August 2015

Caving To Cult: Ombre Blackstar

I wrote my first 'caving to cult' blog post back in April and it was an ode to the MAC 217. It's not often that I treat myself to something fairly pricey, but when I do, I like it to be something I've done a lot of research on. The By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow sticks have been all over the bloggersphere, getting some pretty rave reviews. 






Normally when I buy an expensive eyeshadow, I pick up a really neutral shade that I'd get a lot of use out of. However, this time I was obviously feeling pretty daring and bought the stunning purple shade 'Velvet Orchid'. I have green eyes so these purple tones suit my skin beautifully (even if I do say so myself). The Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadows come packaged beautifully, donning a purple reflective box and a gold tube, with a band of colour on the bottom. You pull off the lid and inside you find the crayon, which you twist up to use. 

The colour is so pigmented, you literally need the tiniest bit to give a sheer wash of colour. It's buildable too, which means you can go for a full smokey eye, if the mood takes you. I've been applying the eyeshadow straight from the stick in the middle of my eye. I then use an eyeshadow brush, like the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, to spread it around. Finally, I take my MAC 217 brush to blend out the edges, it's so quick and easy! The texture is really buttery and it literally glides onto your skin with ease. 

You have a couple of minutes to play around and then the formula sets and stays put all day. It does not crease, smudge or fade! Luckily I have no regrets after buying the By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow and I've been finding any excuse to wear it! For me the product just oozes sophistication and I know I'm going to be fighting my inner demons to stop me buying more. I definitely have my eye on Misty Rock, which I feel will be more appropriate for work!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig