Monday 31 August 2015

August Favourites

I cannot believe that August has been and gone already! The year is passing at a scarily fast pace, before we know it we’ll be in the depths of autumn and hopelessly wishing for sun. With that in mind, I’ve been making the most of my favourite summertime products, before it’s too late! Here are my August favourites…

This month I had a bit of a tidy up in my foundation drawer and shared a ‘Foundation Collection’ post with you all. Whilst tidying I rediscovered the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation which is an old favourite of mine. It’s quite a light texture, which means it buffs into the skin with ease. It gives really good coverage and covers imperfections effortless. The best bit it that it does not feel like a full coverage foundation and it doesn’t feel tacky on the skin. 

I recently repurchased the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. Which is not only my first ever concealer repurchase; it’s actually my first ever high-end repurchase. So that should be an indication of how much I love it. The concealer has a large doe foot applicator, which holds a lot of product. One dip in the tube gives me more than enough concealer for my whole face. The best part is that this works for everything; it's amazing for covering dark circles but it covers redness and blemishes too. 

Another old favourite of mine, which has been recently unearthed in my collection. This colour is such a gorgeous shade, the pop of colour screams summer and makes me feel happy every time I look at my nails. It’s a flirty pink shade, which is so bright it’s almost neon!

I keep discovering amazing hair products after YEARS of struggling to find amazing products for curly hair. This new love is another product from the Redken Curvaceous range. This time it’s a lotion and it leaves NO TRACE in your hair when you use it. This is almost unheard of! Perfect curls without leaving your hair crispy or tacky? I’m in!

I’ve recently fallen back in love with my blusher from Charlotte Tilbury. I’ve been craving something with a bit more pigmentation and this is what I pulled out of my drawers. I have the shade 'Love Is The Drug' which is a pretty pink combination. Charlotte describes this as a '2-step application ritual'. You run your brush around the outer ring and use the shade to contour your cheekbones and then apply the middle shade to the apples of your cheeks for a pop of colour. The colours are really creamy and they give a nice glow to the cheeks, which I love!

What were your favourite products in August?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig