Wednesday 29 July 2015

The Makeup That Survived 39 Degree Heat

Whilst on holiday recently we had some pretty extraordinary weather. In fact, when we were in Washington DC, the temperature reached a whopping 39 degrees. If I'm honest, 39 degrees is too hot for makeup, but when you're taking lots of selfies you want to look your best. I tried a lot of makeup combinations and sadly, a lot of foundations and products really let me down. However, I did find a winning combination that gave me perfect makeup all day long.



I started every single day with a full cleanse, SPF and sweat can play havoc with your skin if you're not careful. I was cleansing with Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel, and then spraying Serozinc all over. Once Serozinc had soaked in I was applying the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Power Serum. This serum is incredible for dehydrated skin, perfect for recovering after high heats and long haul plane journeys. Then I was applying my moisturiser, which is the Garnier Pure Active Moisturiser which is great for combatting blemishes. 

After a full cleanse it was makeup time, and I started with the most important step; SPF. The SPF I've recently falling in love with, is the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Ultra Light Fluid. It's a formula containing 50SPF+ and let me tell you, my skin didn't burn once in three weeks. It's quite the achievement! 

So, onto the actual makeup! My foundation of choice was the Mattifying Infallible Foundation from L'Oreal, it was the only one that didn't let me down. It didn't melt, smudge, crease, it just stayed in place all day. I topped the foundation with the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, it's an incredibly fine milled powder which adds a bit of coverage and keeps shine at bay. I would then apply blusher, bronzer, waterproof mascara and eyebrow pencil and top it all with the Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder. I've been using the Vichy setting powder for ages and it's just phenomenal at setting your makeup, I've never seen anything quite like it. 

This combination really kept my makeup in place all day, which made me incredibly happy. Nobody wants foundation melting off your face when you're at the top of the Empire State Building! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig