Monday 20 July 2015

Shopping In The USA

I recently spent three weeks in America, lets be honest, shopping was bound to happen. I actually feel like I was pretty restrained, but I definitely picked up a few things.




First on the list is something I picked up from Ulta in Ohio with one brand in mind – Tarte Cosmetics. I browsed the Tarte counter for quite some time and I eventually decided on the ‘Park Ave Princess Contour Palette: Volume II’. It’s a handy contour shade with three products inside, there’s a blusher, a highlighter and the cult favourite Park Ave Princess Matte Waterproof Bronzer.

Next on my shopping mission was of course a trip to Sephora, where I picked up a few more makeup items. First of all I picked up the Sephora Favourites set called ‘Time To Prime’. It’s a little set which has six deluxe samples of priming products, there’s something for your hair, makeup and even your nails. Included in the set is; a line and define lip primer from Bite, a Formula X base coat, the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, the Living Proof Prime Style Extender, the Smashbox Shadow Primer and the Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer.

I’ve had my eye on ‘The System from Formula X’ for quite a while now and decided to finally cave. Inside the box you getting three bottles and then you get to pick a free nail polish to complete the set. There’s ‘Cleanse’ which is a nail cleanser infused with hazel, vitamin E and cucumber to get rid of oil or residue on your nails. You then get the ‘Prime’ base coat and the ‘Shine’ top coat. For my free polish I picked ‘Outrageous’ which is a lavender shade.

I then stopped in the aisle of doom on the way to the checkout and picked up two minis. The first of the two products was the ‘NARS Orgasm/Laguna mini travel set’. Which is exactly what it says on the tin, I’m going to love having this for travel. The second thing I picked up the ‘Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee’ from Josie Maran. I’ve heard a lot about these and I was super intrigued to try one of these for myself. It’s a buildable, blendable blush hybrid which combines cream blush and a gel stain.


The last thing I picked up from the USA (other than a lot of souvenirs!) was something from Kate Spade. I knew I wanted to pick up either a new purse or a new handbag when I was in America, but when I left I hadn’t quite decided what. I looked at Michael Kors but nothing caught my eye, so I ended up in Kate Spade on 5th Avenue. The purse design that caught my eye was the ‘Lacey’ and in the end I went for the ‘Mint Mojito’ shade, which also happened to be in the sale!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig