Friday 17 July 2015

Inside My Blusher Collection

You've probably already guessed, but today's blog post is dedicated to my blusher collection. I always thought that I was really bad at buying the same colour, I often get attracted to the pinky, berry hues! However, as you can see below, when they are all laid out together, all of these blushers are completely different! Lets take a peek inside my blusher collection... 






I'll be first to admit that this isn't every single blusher in my makeup drawers, which is a bit embarrassing. However, it's only in recent months that I've become obsessed with blusher, so most of these are pretty new additions to my collection. That doesn't make the growing collection acceptable, but it does mean that most of these blushers do get some use.

Blusher tends to be one of those items that I really invest in, as I feel like the products last a long time and I get a lot of use out of them. What I love about blusher is it’s so versatile and you can use it a whole host of different ways. The blushers I tend to buy fall into a few different categories:

The Highlighting Blusher
I have a few blushers that I nickname ‘Highlighting Blushers’. These are probably my biggest weakness, there's something far too pretty about a sparkle filled blusher. There are four pictured above; the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher in Ethereal, the Maybelline Creme Puff Blush in Gorgeous Berries, the Soap & Glory Love At First Blush and the Bobbi Brown Be Bold Compact. These are normally top picks of mine when I travel and they are great when you're in a rush, as they are great multi-purpose products. When I'm at home I tend to layer these with products that have more pigmentation, to create a bit of a contoured look.

The Highly Pigmented Blusher
Other blushers that I tend to go for include blushers that are very pigmented. I like a blusher where a little goes a long way, where you can build from something subtle to something more significant. Examples of these pictured above include Illamasqua’s Powder Blusher in Beg, this is so strongly pigmented, you barely have to touch your brush in the powder! Another example is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushers, I have a limited edition shade called ‘Thankful’.  The formula of the Tarte blushers is just gorgeous, they are buttery and blend beautifully, pigmentation may aswell be their middle name!

The Cream Blusher
The Cream Blusher is another weakness of mine, I particularly enjoy using these in the Spring as they add a really nice and dewy finish to your cheeks. My collection of cream blushers is quite extensive, although the only one pictured here is the Clinique Cheek Pop in Berry Pop. I love everything about this Clinique product as it’s pigmented, dewy and it’s so blendable. The packaging makes it great for travelling or for in your handbag too! Another favourite of mine are the Topshop cream blushers, I particularly like their polka dot packaging.

I’d love to know what you look for in a blusher, what is your favourite formula?
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig