Friday 24 July 2015

Adoration by NARS

When the Dual-Intensity blushers from NARS first launched, I remember being sucked in. They looked gorgeous, I loved the colours, I loved the embossed pattern, I loved everything. I'm actually surprised that I lasted so long before I caved and picked up Adoration from Space NK



I chose Adoration as my chosen shade, as I felt like it was the shade I get the most use out of. I'm a big believer in seeing makeup as an investment (is that crazy?!). So if I'm buying a high end item, I want it to be something that I will get a lot of use out of. The special thing about these blushers is that the have a wet/dry formula, which allows you to get a different finish. For a healthy glow (my personal favourite) you use the colours dry, but for a more dramatic effect use the colours wet.

The blusher has two sides; there's the bright pink blusher (shimmering hot pink) and the light pink highlighter (sparkling baby pink). As the names suggest, both of these shades have a hint of glitter. The colours are pigmented; just a swish of the brush in the highlighter gives you the colour you need, and with the blusher it's practically a dap in the colour.

The compact is still the gorgeous matt black design, but it's a little different to their usual packaging. First of all the compact is square, it doesn't have rounded edges and the lid is held in space by a magnetic strip. I love this design, much more than the normal NARS packaging, which I didn't even think was possible.

I'm honestly so happy with this blusher and I think it's well worth the money. Mainly before I prefer the formula of this to all my other NARS blushers, which is saying something. These blushers retail for £30 from SpaceNK, which I think is quite pricey. However, I think as a little treat they work, they are something a little bit special.


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig