Tuesday 23 June 2015

Double Cleansing With Vichy

I'm becoming hopelessly obsessed with skincare! This might sound like a very weird comment to make, but this is a pretty recent occurrence. Sadly I have to admit that playing with skincare never used to be my thing, but I've become a bit of a French Pharmacy addict. So you can imagine my excitement when I was given the chance to experiment with two cleansers from Vichy.


I've tried serums and makeup items from Vichy, but this is the first time I've tried their cleansers, so it's been a bit of a learning curve. Both these cleansers are from the Vichy Purete Thermale range, which is packed full of different textures and formulations - I had no idea that there were so many to choose from! The idea is that there is something for every skin type, so you should be able to find something that works for you.

First up we have the Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil*, which is completely new to me. I've tried a fair amount of cleansers; from foams, to gels, to micellar waters, but I've never tried an oil. What's interesting about this product, is that it's taking two 'hypes' from recent years and combining them together. The micellar craze has been huge, I for one have been completely sucked in, sampling lots of different products. They've taken the micellar idea and taken the oil craze and combined them together. 

You start with your fully made up face, then simply take a few drops of the oil and rub it into your dry skin. As the oil starts to melt down your makeup, it turns into a creamy colour, which is a sign that it's ready to be removed. You then take a cloth and remove the oil from your skin, revealing your makeup free and beautifully cleansed skin. Your skin feels amazing afterwards, there's no grease in sight! The only thing I don't really like is that your cloths get very dirty, very quickly! The Beautifying Cleansing Micellar Oil retails for £13.74 from Escentual

The second cleanser is the Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel* which happens to be my favourite of the two. As the name suggests, it's a much fresher cleanser, which is something I really love about it. The cleansing gel is much more of a traditional cleanser, whereby you apply it to wet skin, massaging the cleanser all over your face. The Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel is a foaming product, it springs to life and starts straight to work. It feels to me like this cleanser cleanses right down into my pores and leaves me with skin that feels squeaky clean - but without that tight and dry feeling. 

I've used the Vichy Purete Thermale Fresh Cleansing Gel on it's own with my hands, but my favourite way to use it is with a cleansing brush. I use my Magnitone Lucid and the cleansing gel together and it feels like it does a really great job of cleansing the skin. The only thing I don't like is that this cleanser can have a tendency to sting your eyes a little, so I have to be a little bit careful. This cleansing gel retails for £12 from Escentual which makes it incredibly affordable

What is particulary great is that you can use these two cleansers on their own, or you can use them together as part of a double cleanse. If you're looking to treat yourself to some new skincare, Escentual are currently celebrating their French Pharmacy month, so you can save 1/3 on French Pharmacy products, including these Vichy products and many more! Click here to shop online!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig