Friday 29 May 2015

Making Eyeshadow Last All Day

If you’re like me, oily eyelids can really dampen your success when experimenting with eyeshadow. It can often feel like a real wasted effort, when you’ve spent ages applying it, for it disappear before you even make it to work. If this rings true for you, keep reading! I have four tried and tested solutions for you try out!


First of all we have liquid eyeshadow primers, such as the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. This comes in a little tube, which has a doe foot applicator inside. You apply the primer to the eyelids, pat it in and leave it to dry. You then put your eyeshadow on top of the primer. The one from NARS is by far the best one I’ve tried yet, however, if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative the Rimmel Undercover Eyeshadow Primer comes a very close second!

Another thing I’ve tried is cream eyeshadow primers, like the L’Oreal Paris Color Riche Eye Primer Base. This one is in a handy stick form, which you apply straight to your eyelids. You blend it in and then again you apply eyeshadow straight on top, the only difference is you don’t have to wait for it to set. What I particular like about this one, is you can actually where it on it’s own. It’s a lovely beige shade and it makes your eyes look awake and brighter.

Next on the list is Cream Eyeshadows! Obviously you can wear cream eyeshadows on their own, but what I’ve found is that they make a really lovely base too. They tend to have a much better staying power and can intensify any colour you put over the top. Some of my favourites are the Maybelline Color Tattoos, I particularly like On And On Bronze (but I actually have about five different shades).

If all else fails you can try out a eyeshadow palette which has been specifically made with oily skin in mind. The best one I’ve found is the Stila In The Light Palette – not only are the shades beautiful, but they also stay put all day! I can actually use this palette without any primer and the colour goes nowhere, it’s really impressive.

There you have it, four ways to have your eyeshadow stay on all day! If you have any other ideas, I’d love to hear about them in the comments below.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig