Friday 20 February 2015

Reflection Perfection?

This is the first Illamasqua Eyeshadow Palette I've owned and this one is called 'Reflection'. As you can see, it comes in the standard, gorgeous glossy black packaging. I'm a big fan of Illamasqua packaging, it ticks all the boxes for me. Inside the compact there are four eyeshadows; Precipice (light white/lemon), Acute (which is the brown taupe), Graphica (the grey metal shade) and Dart (bronze/gold). What I love about the colours in this palette, is they are nice for a neutral look, or built up for something more dramatic. There are lots of ways you can go too; smokey, gold, taupe - it's all available!

Illamasqua say that these eyeshadows have a 'new water resistant formula' - I've never tried the old formula, but I can say that these definitely hold. I've worn these in the snow to work and back - they still look fabulous when I get home.

The formula isn't very pigmented, which isn't to everyone's taste. It is handy if you are not experienced with shadow (like me) - or you need to do your makeup quickly without blending for hours. So for me low pigmentation is often a plus! I'm a big fan of this palette, but I did get it in the sale. For the £34 price tag I think you can probably get better palettes; however it is gorgeous! 

The Reflection palette costs £34 and you can get it directly from Illamasqua here
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig