Monday 22 December 2014

Stay Matte With Liquid Mousse From Rimmel

The Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation from Rimmel London, is definitely something different for your makeup bag. 

This foundation aims to give you matte flawless finish, with a feather light texture. As normal with mousse foundations, it's best to use your fingers. However, I have used both the Expert Face Brush and the Buffing Brush from Real Techniques and you get a great finish. You just tend to gunk up your brushes fairly quickly, so you need to wash them regularly! The texture is fairly thick, I don't think that you can describe it as 'lightweight' but I don't find it OTT. It doesn't have a scent and it applies smooth to the skin. 

I picked up the shade that I always pick from Rimmel, which is 'ivory'. It tends to be the lightest from Rimmel and it always suits my skin perfectly. Of course the packaging for this is opaque, so it does not let you see the shade through the bottle. The formula does cover a whole multitude of sins, it covered dark circles and redness. It's probably not buildable, because of how thick it is I don't think you'd want to wear more than one layer.

This is definitely one if you have oily skin, with dry skin I think that this foundation would cling to your dry patches. I really love this foundation, it gives a good coverage and I love the finish on my skin. It lasts well too, I've worn this to work, I've worn it commuting and it stays put!

The Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation from Rimmel London retails for £5.99, you can pick it up here
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig