Sunday 20 July 2014

Mint Summer Shades


If there is one colour that seems to capture my attention this year, it's mint green! If it's not on my nails, it's on the walls in our home, we've got mint in our kitchen and one of our bathrooms. It's safe to say I'm a little bit obsessed. I've gathered quite a collection of mint nail polishes that I've been using on rotation, so I thought I'd share them with you! There's something very therapeutic about having them all swatched, so I've put them all next to each other on a nail wheel for you to compare. Let me give you the run down: (I'm moving from left to right in both pictures)

First up is Models Own Magpie Green, it's one of the Models Own Speckled Egg Collection which was released at Easter Time. I actually won the whole collection from Superdrug, but this is my absolute favourite. The speckles just add that extra dimension to your nail colour and it looks like mini eggs, what could be better? I'm not normally a big fan of Models Own's formulation, but I am a big fan of the Speckled Egg collection. It applies really nicely and dries quickly.

I picked up Sinful Colors Mint Apple in the US when I visited in March. It is actually very close to the colour of a real green apple when you compare it to all the other shades. It has a very subtle shimmer in it, so it's perfect if you like a bit of a glitter. This polish couldn't be anymore of a bargain if it tried. It's an incredible formula and the quality is miles above the £2 price point.

Breakfast in Bed by Rimmel was released as part of their collaboration with Rita Ora. It's one beautiful colour, if you look closely, you'll notice how close it is to Essie's Mint Candy Apple. However up close it does have a bit of a shimmer in it which the Essie shade doesn't have. However it does fall short on the formula, in fact the formula is the worst of all these shades. It's streaky and it's very difficult to work with, you need a few coats to be happy with the finish.

Essie Mint Candy Apple is the fourth swatch on the wheel and I think it's my favourite of the five. It deserves all the hype it has and it's just beautiful, well worth £7.99 and it's just lovely. The formula is very good too, it's hard to make light work of a pastel formula but Essie do, I LOVE this polish.

Last on the list is Bourjois Green Fizz and it's something for the sisters who like a it of a brighter shade on the nails. It's a beautiful lime green shade which looks incredible with a tan (not that I ever tan!) If you like neon shades you'll love this, it's got such a beautiful high shine finish and the brush is just a dream to use.

What is your favourite mint green nail polish shade?

Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig