Thursday 17 April 2014

Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia Cologne



Oh hello, beautiful bottle of Jo Malone perfume, welcome to the collection.

Yes, I’m talking to my perfumes these days, a sign of a beauty blogger gone mad? Or just someone who just has fallen head over heels with Jo Malone. I say welcome to the collection, but really, it’s welcome to the blog. I’ve had this since my Birthday and I’m yet to really speak about it! I actually featured this in a post recently featuring my favourite spring perfumes, but this one really deserves it’s own post. 

You guys probably know by now that I’m not great at perfume so I’ll lead this with the ‘official’ Jo Malone description: “The essence of autumn. The sensuous freshness of just-ripe pears is wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, and mellowed by amber, patchouli and woods. A luscious and golden scent” 

Jo Malone describe this as the ‘essence of autumn’ but this just makes me think of summer and spring, but I’ve been wearing it through the colder months too and it’s equally beautiful at both times of year. When you first spray this you smell the lovely pear, which is the top note, it’s fruity, it’s fresh and it sits with a lovely light floral note. Throughout the day the fruity scent tones down and it starts to become a truly floral scent, but it settles with a earthy and warm floral scent. Which is where I think Jo Malone get the autumn feel from, as it can be quite deep! 

I can’t get enough of this scent, it’s beautiful, a Jo Malone addiction has started. You can buy this perfume here.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig