Saturday 11 January 2014

Guilty Pleasure Television Shows

Since I’ve started work I really don’t have time to watch much television anymore. Which is a shame because as an ex-television student, I obviously have a passion for television production and I love to stay up-to-date. However, recently I’ve been recording my shows and watching them later on and I’ve fallen in love with a couple which I thought I’d share with you.


First up is 'Splash', I read recently that Splash’s viewing figures have dropped but I really love it. I think it’s quite cool to watch ‘celebrities’ (I lose the term loosely) learning how to dive. I can’t swim and I certainly can’t dive so it amazes me how people manage to throw themselves off a board when they really are petrified! You feel like you’re becoming an expert diving judge (honestly some of my household think they could judge the Olympics) and it’s easy watching.

Splash is shown at 7pm on Saturdays on ITV.


Equally as ‘sporty’ is 'Dancing On Ice', we actually have a ice skater in the family so she likes to watch to see what jumps and tricks they are doing, but Chris’ family have watched Dancing On Ice since it started. It’s the last ever series of Dancing On Ice so they’ve invited all the old favourites and winners back to battle it out. It’s great because (most of) the routines are really good, so it’s like skipping the first weeks when everyone is rubbish!

Dancing on Ice is shown at 6:15pm on Sundays on ITV.


Now I have two food programmes for you, first up is ‘The Taste’. The Taste is a cookery show featuring Nigella Lawson and two other chefs I’ve never heard of (Anthony Bourdain and Ludo Lefebvre). They are looking for the best British chef, the twist is that taste is the only thing that matters. So in the first week the contestants had to prepare one spoon of food, yes one spoon, and the judges didn’t know who had cooked it. As the judges tasted the food they had to pick people to be on their team, I’m unsure what happens next but I’m enjoying it so far.

The Taste is shown on Tuesdays at 9pm on Channel 4.


Lastly I have ‘Jamie’s Money Saving Meals’. I’m a huge Jamie Oliver fan, I think he’s a fantastic chef and his recipes are fantastic, I also think he’s really likeable. He’s been doing a lot of online work recently on his YouTube channel, but he’s back with a new book and a new show for More4. This time he’s showing us how to make our money go further with food and he’s had some fantastic ideas. On week one he cooked brisket, a classic American pizza pie and a fish pie, plus a load of other bits and pieces!


Jamie’s Money Saving Meals is shown on Wednesdays at 9pm on More4.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig