Sunday 22 December 2013

Revlon Colourstay Foundation


I’ve always been a bit miffed that I’ve never been able to find a high coverage foundation at a high street price point. When I started to think about graduation makeup, I decided I’d take a look at blogs and ask friends for recommendations. A few people came back with the suggestion of the Revlon Colourstay Foundation.  A foundation which guarantees 16 hours of full coverage, and it comes in two forms; one for dry skin and one for oily. It sounded right up my avenue and I popped to Boots to try it out. 

First let’s cover the bad, the foundation comes without a pump, which leads to mess all over the back of my hand, but to be frank, that’s the only bad thing I have to say about this.

The foundation is not quite as runny as some of my other foundations, so although it glides on with ease, it sets pretty quickly, so you need to work fast to ensure you get a perfect look all over. Once it sets it gives me a strong, full coverage, which looks really natural. It covers the skin with ease and even provides decent coverage for spots and blemishes. It  even covers dark circles and I can often skip concealer when I’m wearing this foundation which I think is incredible. I have combination skin, which a mixture of normal and oily areas, so often a foundation can look incredible in the morning, but by the time I get home its gone. However, this lasts on my skin so well; wind, rain, tears, sweat, nothing is a match for this boy! I tend to use a combination of brushes with this foundation, for a lighter coverage I use the Real Techniques Buffing Brush, which allows me to cover the whole skin fairly lightly and then build in the t-zone. However, I’ve also used the Expert Face Brush which is equally as successful, it definitely seems to spread the foundation further.

I’ve already gone through half this bottle and I know it’s definitely going to be repurchased. It sits fairly pricey for the high street band, at £12.49, so I’m definitely going to try and catch this on offer whenever I can.


Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig