Saturday 6 July 2013

Real Techniques Duo Fiber Collection

When this Real Techniques set was released, I couldn't wait, so I ordered them over from America via iHerb.
The service from iHerb was surprisingly quick and I was really happy with the service. Not only did it I get them before the majority of the UK, I also only paid around £12 for them after dollars was turned into pounds, so they were a bargain! 


This set from Real Techniques is named the "Duo Fiber Collection" which is limited edition and is the "first and only" duo fibre set. Inside the set you receive; a duo-fiber face brush, a duo-fiber contour brush and lastly the duo-fiber eye brush. They are not packaged in the standard pink, gold and purple colours, but instead they are white which makes them stand out in your collection. They are made from the normal aluminium handles, which looks really smart but also means they are really lightweight. This set doesn't come in the travel pouch, but in a black foam thing (only way I can think to describe it). This didn't really bother me as I already have two of the travel pouches, but the black foam left a mark on all my brushes which would only remove with some extreme scrubbing which was annoying. Just like all the other brushes though, all the bristles are hand cut and they have the name of the brush on the handle! 



I've been using these brushes for around a month now and I really like them. They are super soft and really nice to use. They are perfect for applying spring make up as the duo fiber combination pick up less product but blend effortlessly. If like me you've gone a bit made for Real Techiques, you probably don't need these if you've picked up the blush brush and the core collection, but I do feel like these have a worthy place in my collection. The face brush makes a great blush brush and is smaller than the powder brush which is handy for precise application. The contour brush is less shaped and slightly  bigger which I find handy for contouring with bronzer and blending highlighter. I've really enjoyed using the eye brush too for the outer corner. So they all have uses in my routine!



As mentioned, the set is limited edition but believe the set will be available for around a year, so you don't have to panic and pick up a set straight away, but don't leave it too long! 
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig