Friday 17 May 2013

DUPE: Maybelline Polka Dots vs L'Oreal Confetti



A dupe for the infamous L'Oreal Confetti polish!

Ever since the L'Oreal confetti polish was released I've spent weeks popping into my local Boots and Superdrug stores looking for it. It's been so hard to track down, so imagine my excitement when I found it! I knew I had to buy it straight away and it entered my basket. I then carried on looking at all the beauty stands and spotted the Maybelline Colour Show Polka Dots range, priced £2 cheaper than the L'Oreal polish, the polish looked identical. I stood having a little debate with myself thinking about which to buy, but decided I'd pick up both to compare. Each of these swatches have had two coats each, and as you can see the Maybelline actually has more confetti on the average coat. Both formulations of these polishes are great too, I was surprised that the Maybelline dried so quickly and lasted so well. I suppose it depends on what you're looking for, some people may not like such heavy glitter, but I actually think the Maybelline version is better value for money. Especially when you consider that the L'Oreal polish is 5ml and the Maybelline is 7ml! I would say that the Maybelline polishes are easier to get hold of, but I think when people cotton on to this amazing dupe, that the polishes may be a little scarce! Pick one up whilst you can!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig