Sunday 24 March 2013

#EATCLEANMARCH Nandos Red Pepper Dip



Today I'm sharing my recipe for the Nando's style Red Pepper Dip. I remember the time we tried this in Portsmouth, it was amazing and ever since I've wanted to recreate it. Instead of buying something processed I decided to make one myself. 

Now there are hundreds of different rumoured recipes on the internet, but this is the way I made mine.

Ingredients 
3 Sweet Red Peppers
Chopped Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Chilli Powder/Fresh Chilli
Turmeric
3 cloves of garlic
1 Onion
2 Tablespoons of sour cream

Method
Chop the sweet red peppers and onion, and peel the garlic cloves, place in a roasting tray and roast to soft in the oven, mine took around half an hour.

When cooked place in a blender with some chopped tomatoes and some olive oil and blend to a paste. I then added chilli powder to taste and I also added some turmeric to add a bit more flavour. I then added some sour cream to take away some of the bitterness. I definitely think my finished dip could have done with some extra kick, so I'm going to add more chilli next time. Chris prefers the dip a little chunkier, but I quite like it smooth. This dip is definitely something which is down to personal preference, try the basic pepper/onion/garlic/tomatoes recipe and then add everything else to your taste palette.

I like to eat this dip hot and dip it into it with some pitta bread. This recipe makes way more than the what you see in my bowl above, I placed it into a container and it kept for just under a week. It was a great lunch time snack! Its super easy too, I'm definitely going to enjoy making this more often.
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig