Saturday 9 February 2013

Glossybox February 2013 - Valentines Day Edition


When my doorbell rang about ten minutes ago I had no idea what it could be, to my surprise it was my lovely Hermes lady with my Glossybox! You'd have to be living under a rock to not know it's Valentines Day this month, so naturally this months box is Valentines themed.




I was expecting the standard red box that Glossybox use, but this one is different. Its a shiny light pink colour with a cute design on the front. Inside everything is pink, so a pink sticker, ribbon, tissue paper, shredding and pink lining in the box. I really like it, it was nice to see something different. Inside we have the A3 paper booklet which Glossybox have now changed to. Lets see what's inside!


First up inside I have a Micabella Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow,  this was no surprise as Glossybox put a spoiler up on their Facebook page. It comes in a teeny weeny pot which weighs 1g, apparently the full size product is 2.5g. My colour is Deep Secrets which is a brown colour which will be nice to try out as I have no loose eye shadows in this colour. The full size eyeshadow retails for £14.95.

Second I have Balance Me Rose Otto Body Cream, I know a lot of people have had enough of Balance Me, they've featured in a lot of boxes, but I've actually never had a Balance Me body cream, so again I'm looking forward to trying this out. The bottle is the travel sized 30ml which retails for £6.

Next up I have a Figs and Rouge balm, mine is in Rambling Rose, so my box is definitely rose themed. Again Figs and Rouge have featured in Glossybox before, this time the lip balms didn't come in packaging, I'm not sure why! I'll try this one out as I'm quite fond of rose scents, apparently you can use it on your cuticles which is great as mine need some TLC. The balm is full sized and retails for £3.49.

Sadly the next product is something I actually already own and have reviewed for you guys, which is the MeMeMe Cosmetics Beat The Blues liquid highlighter in Oyster Gold. I love the MeMeMe highlighters, they are absolutely fantastic! Having one already kind of sucks, but that's definitely not Glossybox's fault! I've seen that other people have received mascaras and things, so maybe I can swap with someone! The highlighter is 12ml which is full sized and retails for £5.50.

The last thing in the box is Miners Cosmetics which is not a favourite brand of mine, I received a Lip Colour and mine is Seduction, which is a red shade. I don't really wear a red lip but I will give it a go and see if I like it. It does have a "new formula" sticker on it, so who knows, maybe their lipsticks have improved.  These retail for £3.99.


I give this box a 4/5, I really love the products inside the box but there are a few repeat brands and a brand I'm not too fond of. Not too bad! If you bought Glossybox this month let me know what you think and if you have a review leave me a link!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig