Saturday 8 December 2012

I Heart Drug Store Make Up Tag


I was watching MissGlamorazzi earlier today and she was answering the questions for the I Heart Drugstore Make Up Tag and I thought I'd answer it myself! I tag you all to get involved!


1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand?

I’m really not loyal to one particular drug store brand, my collection is made up of loads of different drug store brands but the brand I have the most products from is Maybelline. I used to love the Dream Matte Mousse and now I’m in love with the BB cream. This is of course is if I can’t count Topshop? I’m in love with the whole Topshop range, but it’s not technically available in the drugstores. I also love the Barry M nail polishes!

2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
Definitely my favourite is Maybelline BB Cream, it’s my favourite BB cream that I’ve tried, and I’ve tried a lot! It’s just perfect! I think Maybelline just tend to nail face products, they are fantastic! Another big favourite is my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which is a huge favourite amongst us bloggers!

All my blushes tend to be blushes that are not drug store brands as I’m trying to build up my collection, but the two I love that are not high end (but not technically high street) is the Topshop powder blush in Pop and the Body Shop blush which they call ‘cheek colour’ in 03.

Again, I’m not sure you can really call The Body Shop in this but my favourite drugstore lip product is definitely the Coconut Lip Balm, even my boyfriend loves it!

3. Least favourite product?
One of the products I hated was the MUA brow kit, I just found it cheap, tacky and hard to use. I also tried and hated the Collection BB cream, again it felt cheap and yucky on the skin and it also stung my eyes and made them water!

4. What is the best makeup bargain?
Definitely the MUA Heaven and Earth palette, I love it! I probably don’t have to tell you this but it’s MUA’s big dupe for the Urban Decay palette! I use this palette every single day and it costs a tiny £4. It’s not perfect for staying put but you can make it work!

5. What is your favourite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)
I love the MeMeMe Beat the Blues highlighters and they are absolutely fantastic! They are available in Superdrug and online and they cost £5.50, they come in the same glass jars with the same nail polish style applicator as the Benefit highlighters and are just as good, if not better! The  second underdog for me is Rimmel’s Wake Me Up concealer: I know that some people talk about this and in particular the foundation from the range, but I really think this product gets over shadowed because everyone raves about the Collection concealer! I love this product so much and it covers all my imperfections, whereas the Collection Concealer only really works around the nose and on blemishes.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
Bourjois! Although Bourjois is a drug store brand it’s more expensive than I like to pay, I’m looking for products under the £8 mark when I shop in Boots or Superdrug but their products normally tip over the £10-£12 mark which just puts me off, which is a big shame as my favourite foundations are from Bourjois.

7. What are your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
Both of my favourite dupes are ones I’ve already mentioned! The first drugstore dupe that I love is MUA’s Undressed palette as a dupe for the Urban Decay palette. The second dupe I love is MeMeMe’s Beat the Blues highlighters as a dupe for the Benefit High Beam and Moon Beam, they are absolutely beautiful and cost a tiny £5.

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
I think everyone raves about the Models Own nail polishes which cost £5 each, but I don’t think they are really that good? I think the formulation is shoddy and takes about three hours to dry, its messy and the bottle is annoying. Secondly, although I like the L’oreal Lip Butters and I use them every now and then, I don’t think they are as fantastic as everyone makes out!
Share:
© Hope, Freedom, Love | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig